Gaming Groups that meet in public places.

  • James Searles
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2000
      Hey guys,

      I'm new here and I was wondering which groups meet in public places
      and when?

      Thanks,
      James
    • Charles Glaser
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2000
        There are all sorts of groups that meet all over...I guess the question to
        you should be...What area are you in???

        Charles Glaser
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2000
          James,

          Brian S emailed me that you might be joining the list and looking for a group down in RI. My group plays out of my house (South Attleboro, just over the border into MA and just minutes from Providence) and also in East Greenwich (at another member's house). While neither are public places we'd be glad to welcome you each week (based on Brian's good word for you, and that counts for a lot!). We've got a session at my house coming up this Tuesday night. I'll email you details off-list.
          There are open gaming sessions in public places each week, but they are all north of RI. The closest to RI is our meeting at B&N in the Walpole Mall in Monday night. That's about 1/2 hour from MA/RI border. It's pretty straightforwards directions-wise, if you're interested let me know and I'll send em.

          So welcome to the list! Be sure to check out the Calendar section for details on upcoming sessions, and you can also spot announcements on the list itself. Also there's a few bios in the database area, some links to member's pages in the links area, etc. In short feel free to browse around the Unity_Games area in egroups.

          Mark

          P.S. Brian mentioned that you work with Larry W. How is he doing? I haven't been down to the Game Keeper in months.

          James Searles wrote:

          > Hey guys,
          >
          > I'm new here and I was wondering which groups meet in public places
          > and when?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > James
          >

          > Web page for Unity Games member database, files, polls, etc.
          > http://www.egroups.com/group/Unity_Games

          Mark Edwards
          dangermouse@...
        • James Searles
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2000
            I live in Warwick, RI but I go between here and boston quite
            frequently because I am attending MIT. I'm currently taking a
            semester off and taking classes at Harvard to keep "busy" but it
            would be great if I could meet some people for a few pickup games. I
            prefer games that meet in public places (libraries, bookstores,
            gamestores) and I am interested in almost any game that's any good
            and I am willing to try anything once.

            I also have a medium size library of games that I am willing to
            share. Inlcuding many 2 player card games and a quite a few european
            games.

            Thanks,
            James