Re: [Unity_Games] SOG SR: 10/31 in Westford

  • Josh Bluestein
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
      > From: Phil Alberg <palberg@...>
      > On 11/1/05, Josh Bluestein <josh@...> wrote:
      > > Chris and Jeff F. showed up and I proposed Dutch Intercity,
      > >
      > > Don concentrated on the Green railroad, and for most of the game was
      > > the sole stockholder in that company. I chased Blue but quickly lost
      > > control to Chris and then Evan (it's worth noting that control of a
      > > company is not essential to victory -- it allows you to choose how
      > > track is built and how much is paid for it in case of a conflict, but
      > > there's no bonus payout for being a director -- just what you get for
      > > holding the stock).
      >
      > Not quite. At the end of the game, each director gets the remainder
      > of cash that does not get dispersed to stockholders. For example,
      > if the red line has a total value of $87 and only 8 shares had been
      > sold, then each share is worth $10, and the remaining $7 goes to the
      > director. This could provide the margin of victory in a close game.

      Is that so? I thought I had checked that pretty thoroughly, but I
      guess I missed it. I don't think it would have mattered in our game
      (except to widen the margin between me and everyone else), but Chris
      and Don were pretty close...

      Josh
    • W. Eric Martin
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
        > - Phil
        > ...who is responsible for the lone session report and player aids for
        > this game on BGG...

        Why am I not surprised to hear this? Phil's a complete Winsome slut.

        Phil, I should have the new Age of Steam maps at LT and plan to be there
        early Saturday. I'll have the usual other stuff as well (Fifth Avenue,
        Big Shot) and a brand new copy of Jenseits von Theben.

        Eric

        --
        W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
        "And neither mathematics nor death ever makes a mistake." - Yevgeny Zamyatin
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
          On 11/1/05, W. Eric Martin <eric@...> wrote:
          > > - Phil
          > > ...who is responsible for the lone session report and player aids for
          > > this game on BGG...
          >
          > Why am I not surprised to hear this? Phil's a complete Winsome slut.

          Wh-whaddaya mean? I don't have THAT many Winsome titles: Dutch
          InterCity, Pampas Railroads, Transsib, Mine, New England Railways, and
          AoS (if you want to count their trademark on the box bottom). That
          only makes me a Winsome whore, *not* a slut. Sheesh!

          > Phil, I should have the new Age of Steam maps at LT and plan to be there
          > early Saturday. I'll have the usual other stuff as well (Fifth Avenue,
          > Big Shot) and a brand new copy of Jenseits von Theben.

          Cool Beans! I'll be toting a couple of new titles (Beowulf, Glory to
          Rome) as well as some older titles (Magna Grecia, Santiago, Reef
          Encounter, Ys). I'll also be bringing Was Sticht -- hopefully someone
          can teach this one to me. I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

          - Phil

          --
          Eastern MA Gaming
          http://www.unitygames.org/

          important, not the winning."
          - Reiner Knizia
        • Richard Spoonts
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
            --- Josh Bluestein <josh@...> wrote:

            > We had five spooky people in spooky Westford for a
            > spooky night of
            > spooky games...well, in truth, we played one spooky
            > game, and most of
            > the crew isn't all that spooky, although I don't
            > think I'd like to be
            > stuck in an elevator with Evan.

            Why is that? Because he might chatter you to death?

            Richard

            http://farechase.yahoo.com