Re: [Unity_Games] SOG SR: 10/31 in Westford

  • Phil Alberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
      On 11/1/05, Josh Bluestein <josh@...> wrote:
      > Chris and Jeff F. showed up and I proposed Dutch Intercity,
      >
      > Don concentrated on the Green railroad, and for most of the game was
      > the sole stockholder in that company. I chased Blue but quickly lost
      > control to Chris and then Evan (it's worth noting that control of a
      > company is not essential to victory -- it allows you to choose how
      > track is built and how much is paid for it in case of a conflict, but
      > there's no bonus payout for being a director -- just what you get for
      > holding the stock).

      Not quite. At the end of the game, each director gets the remainder
      of cash that does not get dispersed to stockholders. For example, if
      the red line has a total value of $87 and only 8 shares had been sold,
      then each share is worth $10, and the remaining $7 goes to the
      director. This could provide the margin of victory in a close game.

      I wouldn't mind playing this one again. I'll toss it into my tote for
      this weekend, although I doubt it'll come out as it's not shiny or
      new...

      - Phil
      ...who is responsible for the lone session report and player aids for
      this game on BGG...

      --
      Eastern MA Gaming
      http://www.unitygames.org/

      important, not the winning."
      - Reiner Knizia
    • Josh Bluestein
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
        > From: Phil Alberg <palberg@...>
        > On 11/1/05, Josh Bluestein <josh@...> wrote:
        > > Chris and Jeff F. showed up and I proposed Dutch Intercity,
        > >
        > > Don concentrated on the Green railroad, and for most of the game was
        > > the sole stockholder in that company. I chased Blue but quickly lost
        > > control to Chris and then Evan (it's worth noting that control of a
        > > company is not essential to victory -- it allows you to choose how
        > > track is built and how much is paid for it in case of a conflict, but
        > > there's no bonus payout for being a director -- just what you get for
        > > holding the stock).
        >
        > Not quite. At the end of the game, each director gets the remainder
        > of cash that does not get dispersed to stockholders. For example,
        > if the red line has a total value of $87 and only 8 shares had been
        > sold, then each share is worth $10, and the remaining $7 goes to the
        > director. This could provide the margin of victory in a close game.

        Is that so? I thought I had checked that pretty thoroughly, but I
        guess I missed it. I don't think it would have mattered in our game
        (except to widen the margin between me and everyone else), but Chris
        and Don were pretty close...

        Josh
      • W. Eric Martin
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
          > - Phil
          > ...who is responsible for the lone session report and player aids for
          > this game on BGG...

          Why am I not surprised to hear this? Phil's a complete Winsome slut.

          Phil, I should have the new Age of Steam maps at LT and plan to be there
          early Saturday. I'll have the usual other stuff as well (Fifth Avenue,
          Big Shot) and a brand new copy of Jenseits von Theben.

          Eric

          --
          W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
          "And neither mathematics nor death ever makes a mistake." - Yevgeny Zamyatin
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
            On 11/1/05, W. Eric Martin <eric@...> wrote:
            > > - Phil
            > > ...who is responsible for the lone session report and player aids for
            > > this game on BGG...
            >
            > Why am I not surprised to hear this? Phil's a complete Winsome slut.

            Wh-whaddaya mean? I don't have THAT many Winsome titles: Dutch
            InterCity, Pampas Railroads, Transsib, Mine, New England Railways, and
            AoS (if you want to count their trademark on the box bottom). That
            only makes me a Winsome whore, *not* a slut. Sheesh!

            > Phil, I should have the new Age of Steam maps at LT and plan to be there
            > early Saturday. I'll have the usual other stuff as well (Fifth Avenue,
            > Big Shot) and a brand new copy of Jenseits von Theben.

            Cool Beans! I'll be toting a couple of new titles (Beowulf, Glory to
            Rome) as well as some older titles (Magna Grecia, Santiago, Reef
            Encounter, Ys). I'll also be bringing Was Sticht -- hopefully someone
            can teach this one to me. I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

            - Phil

            --
            Eastern MA Gaming
            http://www.unitygames.org/

            important, not the winning."
            - Reiner Knizia
          • Richard Spoonts
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
              --- Josh Bluestein <josh@...> wrote:

              > We had five spooky people in spooky Westford for a
              > spooky night of
              > spooky games...well, in truth, we played one spooky
              > game, and most of
              > the crew isn't all that spooky, although I don't
              > think I'd like to be
              > stuck in an elevator with Evan.

              Why is that? Because he might chatter you to death?

              Richard

              http://farechase.yahoo.com