Re: [Unity_Games] [SR] CBGBs, 10/12: San Juan, Louis XIV, Fifth Avenue, more

  • andrew.young@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2005
      Cool. I've played it a couple of times, all with newbies. I'm dying to play it again.

      andrew.young@... wrote:
      > Your St. Petersburg game seems to be how most of these games go...
      > one person establishes an early lead and never looks back. Rich
      > getting richer, so to speak. Anyone having a similar or different
      > experience?

      Not usually. Most of my St. Pete games have been pretty tight, with
      players trying a balance of buildings and aristocrats. The more you
      spend on buildings, the less you have for aristocrats, which allows
      those in the orange cards to catch up or pass the builders in the final
      scoring.

      The only time I really saw the rich get richer is in my first game in
      which the experienced player didn't tell the two newbies that you really
      want to buy two workers. He bought four of them and ran away with the
      game easily. This advice is in the rules, so I always mention it to
      those I teach.

      Eric

      --
      W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
      "Awesome. Love the hed and dek. Did I tell you you're a terrific writer

      Classic board game Game board game Risk board game

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Visit your group "Unity_Games" on the web.