SR - Porter Square Gaming 10/19

  • Felix Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2005
      A total of 8 players showed up yesterday for game night, athough not all
      for the whole night.

      TONGIAKI - Mathew Gray brought this game expecting it to be played
      quickly while we wait for others to show up.. Tho' I think people were
      overthinking and it went a little longer than it should. Players were
      Matthew, Jon, Nate, Patrick, and me. Matthew pretty much ran away with
      this - a whopping 17 points over 12 points for second (Patrick I
      think).. I've heard this game was very chaotic and got a bad rap for a
      while, but I like it well enough - definitely more than I thought I would.

      ELFENLAND - On my request, I asked Matthew to bring this race game over.
      I've heard a lot about it, but haven't really had a chance to play.
      Gamers were Amy, Patrick, Nate, Matthew, and myself. I got a bit screwed
      early on, but a perfect 3rd turn really turned things my way. I had a
      perfect 20 + home base score. I'm now thinking I should take advantage
      of that Funagain special to get a copy - Early in my thoughts, Its taken
      its place as my favorite Alan Moon design.

      SAC NOIR - We played the bidding variant of my brand new copy of Sac
      Noir to end the night. This is a pretty cool stacking game where you pay
      beans to avoid building bad pieces and to build good pieces. Cara, Amy,
      Mathew and I played. Of course, we were all ruthless in picking the most
      bizarre unstable pieces we could find which meant that our sad little
      towers barely made ita few inches before collapsing. All except mine,
      which survived a not very high 6 pieces to take the win.

      We almost were going to play another game but for some reason ended up
      chatting about how cool Blue Moon is instead...

      Other games seen around the tables:
      Formula De
      Set

      Felix