Add a field

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2005
      Could we add a field to the UGX database for BGG link. There are some
      games in that database that I don't know and it would be neat to have
      a BGG link to information about it handy.

      Rob Eno
    • Phil Alberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2005
        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <mail@r...> wrote:
        > Could we add a field to the UGX database for BGG link. There are some
        > games in that database that I don't know and it would be neat to have
        > a BGG link to information about it handy.

        While it's easy to add another column, I have concerns about this.

        First, I don't think anyone is going to take the time to determine the
        specific BGG link for a particular game and enter it into the
        database. It's too much work. There aren't many people entering games
        as it is, and I feel most will balk at entering this data.

        Second, and perhaps more importantly, such entries don't work as real
        links. I experimented with the UG9 Games List, adding the BGG column
        and placing an entry for Acquire. Yahoo displays the information, but
        doesn't present it as a hyperlink. I don't know why Yahoo is being
        restrictive, but I'm not gonna fight it.

        So I think you're better off opening BGG in another window and manually
        navigating to the games you desire.

        - Phil