Toys for Tots

  • Matthew Horn
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
      Just a thought but if anyone has any unopened games (maybe they got two for
      Xmas last year, or bought a replacement copy and the other one turned up),
      have they given much thought to donating them to Toys for Tots?

      Seems natural that a group of gamers (especially with strong ties to a local
      Masonic lodge) should be able to come up with some games for poorer children
      and be able to get them to the right place.

      If there is no infrastructure in place, my company is hosting a Toys for
      Tots box so I would be glad to drop any games there that anyone has but
      doesn't want.

      <-------(^^)------->
      Matthew J. Horn
      Technical Writer
      Allaire Corp.
    • Eddie Campisano
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2000
        Hey, Matt!

        Being a former Marine (7 years) I am very familiar with the Toys for
        Tots program run by the Marine Corps Reserve. I once spent a weekend
        in an aircraft hanger in Miami full of toys that needed to be
        seperated by age and gender then wrapped. I honestly have never seen
        so many toys in my life! Anyway, Carol and I would like to donate a
        few new kids games but there isn't a drop off point in our area. Let
        me know how we can get the games to you or your company. Also, I'd
        like to encourage other Unity Gamers to donate a game (or toy) to this
        worthy cause.

        Eddie