Re: [Unity_Games] Diamant price reduction

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
      At 12:44 PM 8/1/2005, Mark Edwards wrote:

      > Just read on another list that the publisher of Diamant has lowered the
      >price on it by about 20%. It's now available at Adam Spielt for EUR 16.95
      >(as opposed to EUR 21.50). So hopefully we'll be seeing these for the
      >lower prices here in the states soon!

      Just an addendum to this, the publisher is coming out with a 2nd
      edition of the game that involves some cost cutting measures. For example,
      the wooden meeple dudes may be replaced by plastic pieces, the rules would
      be in black & white, etc. Nothing about the jewels was mentioned.

      Mark

      "It all made sense... until Box."
      Logan-5
    • W. Eric Martin
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
        Mark Edwards wrote:

        > Just an addendum to this, the publisher is coming out with a 2nd
        > edition of the game that involves some cost cutting measures. For example,
        > the wooden meeple dudes may be replaced by plastic pieces, the rules would
        > be in black & white, etc. Nothing about the jewels was mentioned.

        The jewels will be replaced by diamonelles, but only experts will know
        the difference.

        Eric-4

        --
        W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
        "Awesome. Love the hed and dek. Did I tell you you're a terrific writer
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2005
          Who carries this stateside, as far as Web orders go? (Or, if
          you're in the Quincy, MA, area, any FLGS's carrying it?) Played for
          the first time last week, and I'm hooked.

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Mark Edwards
          <danger-mouse@c...> wrote:

          > Just read on another list that the publisher of Diamant has
          lowered the
          > price on it by about 20%. It's now available at Adam Spielt for
          EUR 16.95
          > (as opposed to EUR 21.50). So hopefully we'll be seeing
          these for the
          > lower prices here in the states soon!
          >
          > Mark
          >

          > If you like board games and live in Eastern MA or the
          surrounding areas
          > check out Unity Games -- www.unitygames.org
          >
          > "He was just 91 on the day he passed on, it was the way that
          he hoped it
          > would be,
          > He was shot by a beauty queen's husband in a fit of jealousy.
          > As he lay on the floor a priest was sent forward, and with his
          last breath
          > Johnny confessed,
          > _I spent all of my money on woman and drink and like a fool I
          squandered
          > the rest._"
          > -- from "Go 'Round Again" by Benny Hill
        • Chad Bergeron
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2005
            I had to import it myself. On the plus side, I often bring it to
            Danger Planet Thursdays, if you want to come up and play.

            -Chad