Diamant price reduction

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
      Just read on another list that the publisher of Diamant has lowered the
      price on it by about 20%. It's now available at Adam Spielt for EUR 16.95
      (as opposed to EUR 21.50). So hopefully we'll be seeing these for the
      lower prices here in the states soon!

      Mark

      "He was just 91 on the day he passed on, it was the way that he hoped it
      would be,
      He was shot by a beauty queen's husband in a fit of jealousy.
      As he lay on the floor a priest was sent forward, and with his last breath
      Johnny confessed,
      _I spent all of my money on woman and drink and like a fool I squandered
      the rest._"
      -- from "Go 'Round Again" by Benny Hill
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
        At 12:44 PM 8/1/2005, Mark Edwards wrote:

        > Just read on another list that the publisher of Diamant has lowered the
        >price on it by about 20%. It's now available at Adam Spielt for EUR 16.95
        >(as opposed to EUR 21.50). So hopefully we'll be seeing these for the
        >lower prices here in the states soon!

        Just an addendum to this, the publisher is coming out with a 2nd
        edition of the game that involves some cost cutting measures. For example,
        the wooden meeple dudes may be replaced by plastic pieces, the rules would
        be in black & white, etc. Nothing about the jewels was mentioned.

        Mark

        "It all made sense... until Box."
        Logan-5
      • W. Eric Martin
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
          Mark Edwards wrote:

          > Just an addendum to this, the publisher is coming out with a 2nd
          > edition of the game that involves some cost cutting measures. For example,
          > the wooden meeple dudes may be replaced by plastic pieces, the rules would
          > be in black & white, etc. Nothing about the jewels was mentioned.

          The jewels will be replaced by diamonelles, but only experts will know
          the difference.

          Eric-4

          --
          W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
          "Awesome. Love the hed and dek. Did I tell you you're a terrific writer
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2005
            Who carries this stateside, as far as Web orders go? (Or, if
            you're in the Quincy, MA, area, any FLGS's carrying it?) Played for
            the first time last week, and I'm hooked.

            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Mark Edwards
            <danger-mouse@c...> wrote:

            > Just read on another list that the publisher of Diamant has
            lowered the
            > price on it by about 20%. It's now available at Adam Spielt for
            EUR 16.95
            > (as opposed to EUR 21.50). So hopefully we'll be seeing
            these for the
            > lower prices here in the states soon!
            >
            > Mark
            >

            > If you like board games and live in Eastern MA or the
            surrounding areas
            > check out Unity Games -- www.unitygames.org
            >
            > "He was just 91 on the day he passed on, it was the way that
            he hoped it
            > would be,
            > He was shot by a beauty queen's husband in a fit of jealousy.
            > As he lay on the floor a priest was sent forward, and with his
            last breath
            > Johnny confessed,
            > _I spent all of my money on woman and drink and like a fool I
            squandered
            > the rest._"
            > -- from "Go 'Round Again" by Benny Hill
          • Chad Bergeron
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2005
              I had to import it myself. On the plus side, I often bring it to
              Danger Planet Thursdays, if you want to come up and play.

              -Chad