New to Unity and Board Games

  • doodle_lex21
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 18, 2005
      Where to start? I guess hello is a good place. So hi! I'm currently
      living in Waltham and have been looking for a gaming group to join or
      just some people to meet. I haven't really played much but I have
      played Ticket to Ride. I'm open to all sorts of new games and I'll
      play anything at least once. If you don't mind teaching a newbie how
      to play then that's all I need. Look forward to meeting some new
      people. Oh and I'm free all the time day/night you name it. :)
    • Laurion
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 18, 2005
        There's a Thursday night gaming group that meets at Danger Planet,
        which is on Spruce Street, right off of Moody street in Waltham. The
        gathering usually gets going by 7pm, and goes until they kick us out
        around 11. Come on by, we're mostly friendly. Ask for me (Chad) and
        I can introduce you to a few people.

        -Chad

        On Jul 18, 2005, at 5:22 PM, doodle_lex21 wrote:

        > Where to start? I guess hello is a good place. So hi! I'm currently
        > living in Waltham and have been looking for a gaming group to join or
        > just some people to meet. I haven't really played much but I have
        > played Ticket to Ride. I'm open to all sorts of new games and I'll
        > play anything at least once. If you don't mind teaching a newbie how
        > to play then that's all I need. Look forward to meeting some new
        > people. Oh and I'm free all the time day/night you name it. :)

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • doodle_lex21
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 18, 2005
          Cool thanks Chad! Unfort, I can't make it this week, but I plan on
          trying to be back in MA for next Thurs. I'll make sure to ask for ya
          - I posted over on the DP Forums too, but they are a little slower I
          guess. Looking forward to it.

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Laurion <laurion@l...> wrote:
          > There's a Thursday night gaming group that meets at Danger Planet,
          > which is on Spruce Street, right off of Moody street in Waltham. The
          > gathering usually gets going by 7pm, and goes until they kick us out
          > around 11. Come on by, we're mostly friendly. Ask for me (Chad) and
          > I can introduce you to a few people.
          >
          > -Chad

        • pipewielder
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 19, 2005
            Welcome! Im pretty new to the unity games group myself, but the
            people on here seem fairly cool. Good luck to you.

            Casey

            > Where to start? I guess hello is a good place. So hi! I'm currently
            > living in Waltham and have been looking for a gaming group to join or
            > just some people to meet. I haven't really played much but I have
            > played Ticket to Ride. I'm open to all sorts of new games and I'll
            > play anything at least once. If you don't mind teaching a newbie how
            > to play then that's all I need. Look forward to meeting some new
            > people. Oh and I'm free all the time day/night you name it. :)
          • Craig Massey
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 19, 2005
              --- pipewielder <smokeyjoe@...> wrote:

              > Welcome! Im pretty new to the unity games group myself, but the
              > people on here seem fairly cool. Good luck to you.

              Wow!!! Several newcomers recently. I guess we can scrap the plan to
              put Dave B. on a corner in a sandwich board to promote UG10. Speaking
              of which, if you are fairly new and haven't surfed on over to the UG10
              site, take a moment to do so. Anyone looking for games to play and
              more importanly, local people to play them with won't want to miss it.

              Here is the link again....

              http://www.unitygames.org/ug10/ug10.htm

              As fair as people around here being fairly cool......we can reassess
              this statement after UG10.

              Craig

              Craig W. Massey
              cwmassey@...

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Mark Edwards
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 19, 2005
                At 11:40 AM 7/19/2005, Craig Massey wrote:

                >Wow!!! Several newcomers recently. I guess we can scrap the plan to
                >put Dave B. on a corner in a sandwich board to promote UG10. Speaking
                >of which, if you are fairly new and haven't surfed on over to the UG10
                >site, take a moment to do so. Anyone looking for games to play and
                >more importanly, local people to play them with won't want to miss it.
                >
                >Here is the link again....
                >
                >http://www.unitygames.org/ug10/ug10.htm
                >
                >As fair as people around here being fairly cool......we can reassess
                >this statement after UG10.

                That's it Craig, let's get the hype machine moving!

                I'll add that the Unity Games day is a great way to "network" with
                local gamers, learn new games, and introduce yourself to the
                community. The gaming environment here in Eastern MA (and surrounding
                areas) is rife with good gamers and UG provides another way for all of us
                to touch base a couple of times each year (outside our own little gaming
                clusters). If you don't have a regular gaming group the UG list is a great
                way to find one, and UG X is an opportunity to meet folks in these
                groups. Heck, form your own gaming group and they WILL come.

                And remember our motto, "Friendship through gaming ..." <cue Walter>

                Hey Phil, are we doing the start up/learning area again?

                Mark

                "It all made sense... until Box."
                Logan-5
              • Walter Hunt
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 19, 2005
                  On Jul 19, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Mark Edwards wrote:

                  > And remember our motto, "Friendship through gaming ..." <cue
                  > Walter>
                  >
                  > Hey Phil, are we doing the start up/learning area again?
                  >
                  > Mark

                  Don't worry Mark, that's what we think nowadays. All friendship, all
                  gaming, all the time. No sweat. :-)
                  And remember, Vertrags are points.

                  Walter H. Hunt
                  hotc@...
                  http://www.walterhunt.com/

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 19, 2005
                    Craig wrote:

                    > I guess we can scrap the plan to
                    > put Dave B. on a corner in a
                    > sandwich board to promote UG10.

                    Ah well... can I keep the costume?

                    Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games X - October 8, 2005 Waltham, MA
                    http://www.unitygames.org/ug10/ug10.htm
                  • Phil Alberg
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 20, 2005
                      On 7/19/05, Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@...> wrote:
                      > >Here is the link again....
                      > >
                      > >http://www.unitygames.org/ug10/ug10.htm
                      >
                      > Hey Phil, are we doing the start up/learning area again?

                      You bet your bippy!! (or whatever bippy facsimile you'd like to wager).

                      More details to follow...

                      - Phil

                      --
                      Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games X - October 8, 2005 Waltham, MA
                      http://www.unitygames.org/

                      important, not the winning."
                      - Reiner Knizia
                    • W. Eric Martin
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 20, 2005
                        Phil Alberg wrote:
                        > On 7/19/05, Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@...> wrote:
                        >> Hey Phil, are we doing the start up/learning area again?
                        >
                        > You bet your bippy!! (or whatever bippy facsimile you'd like to wager).

                        Was this the kind of bippy (http://www.bippy.com/) you had in mind?
                        Phil, I'm surprised at a family man like you hanging out at sites like
                        this...

                        Eric-4

                        --
                        W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
                        "And neither mathematics nor death ever makes a mistake." - Yevgeny Zamyatin