Re: [Unity_Games] ReaderCon?

  • Walter Hunt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7 9:24 PM
      On Jul 7, 2005, at 11:24 PM, Kimee wrote:

      > Hey there:
      >
      > I wasn't feeling well at all today so I didn't attend games night
      > tonight & I miss it already. Last week was absolutely a blast. I
      > knew people. I was over the shyness. It was cool. Now I am not
      > there :( Stupid sickness. So I am sitting here checking my email & I
      > notice that ReaderCon is this weekend. Is anyone going?

      Readercon is a book-oriented con, with no gaming, video, costuming
      tracks or planned activities. It is, however, a terrific con to get
      to meet writers and fellow readers; it's very small, very intimate,
      and has one of the best Saturday night entertainments ever - the Kirk
      Poland Memorial Bad Prose Competition.

      I will be there Friday through Sunday - check http://
      www.readercon.org for the schedule. Joe Haldeman is one of the guests
      of honor.

      Walter H. Hunt
      hotc@...
      http://www.walterhunt.com/

    • David Fontes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 8 5:40 AM
        Walter Hunt wrote:

        > and has one of the best Saturday night entertainments ever - the Kirk
        > Poland Memorial Bad Prose Competition.

        Good luck, Walter! ;)
        -D
      • Walter Hunt
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 8 5:46 AM
          On Jul 8, 2005, at 8:40 AM, David Fontes wrote:

          > Walter Hunt wrote:
          >
          > > and has one of the best Saturday night entertainments ever - the
          > Kirk
          > > Poland Memorial Bad Prose Competition.
          >
          > Good luck, Walter! ;)
          > -D

          While I have the chops for it - ask any of my readers - it's only the
          most _exclusively bad_ writers whose works get employed. You know, L.
          Ron Hubbard, John Norman, et al. I have to suck a lot longer and a
          lot harder to get my prose used. Don't worry, Matt, I'm sucking as
          long and hard as I can.

          :-)

          Walter H. Hunt
          hotc@...
          http://www.walterhunt.com/

        • cvonh
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 8 7:21 AM
            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Walter Hunt <hotc@w...> wrote:
            > While I have the chops for it - ask any of my readers -

            Readers plural? Congrats! Didn't know you had made the big leap. Way
            to go.

            BTW, Anyone else going to Conneticon the weekend of the 15th to the
            17th? Me, the wife and the kid will be there all three days.
          • Steve Meuse
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 8 8:31 AM
              Walter Hunt expunged (hotc@...):

              > Don't worry, Matt, I'm sucking as