AH announces Axis & Allies Miniature Game

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2005
      Found this on Erik Arneson's About.com site:

      http://boardgames.about.com/b/a/168315.htm

      I love minis! Hopefully the game will be good.

      Mark

      "It all made sense... until Box."
      Logan-5
    • nix342
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2005
        There was a thread on BGG about this that seemed to indicate that this
        would be "collectable" [shudder]. I think it said the base set would
        contain a specific set of figures but that the boosters would be
        randomized.

        aha....link:
        http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthread&threadid=64137

        I think it's VERY interesting that the about.com story seems to be
        taken from the exact press release as pasted in to the discussion at
        BGG, but without any references to it's collectable nature.

        It does sound like it could be fun, though.

        Nick

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@c...>
        wrote:

        > Found this on Erik Arneson's About.com site:
        >
        > http://boardgames.about.com/b/a/168315.htm
        >
        > I love minis! Hopefully the game will be good.
        >
        > Mark
      • cvonh
        Message 3 of 3 , May 11, 2005
          "A 48-figure expansion, offering additional vehicles and troops, is
          scheduled to follow in December. More expansions are planned through
          2006."

          Because they haven't sucked enough money out of me with Heroscape,
          that's why.