B&N Monday

  • William Romaniecki
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2000
      If I have a chance, I'll try to be there.

      If the amoebas had piats, Jim T. would play in a minute. How many amoebas does it take to man a HHG for DFF, SFF and FPFF?

      Pete de Rosa: Pete the history prof. at BW? If your that Pete, nice hearing from you. If your not, then I have no idea who you are.

      Bill
    • Eddie Campisano
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
        Greetigs All!

        Well, I am glad to hear there was a good turnout at B&N last night.
        Carol and I were feeling a little guilty about not being able to
        attend. We thought Dave might be sitting there alone and playing The
        Princes of Florence all by himself; or worse, dragged into a game of
        Scrabble and beaten misserably by some of those professional Scrabble
        sharks! Thank goodness others came by to play! Carol and I once went
        to B&N on a Monday night to buy a book. There was no scheduled game
        session on that particular night, but who do we spy sitting in the
        cafe looking for some players ... Dave! Let it never be said that
        Dave
        isn't ready, willing and able to play a game. Thankfully Dave thought
        to bring Big City and we all sat down for a pleasant evening of
        gaming.

        Say, has anyone played Alcatraz by FS Schmid? It looks like an
        interesting abstract game. There was a review written at Funagain by
        an Alison from New York. Was that OUR Alison?

        Has anyone played The Reef yet?

        Craig brought a small card game to the last Saturday night session. I
        think it was called Shipwrecked (?) by Out of the Box Games. How is
        that game, Craig? It caught my eye but I was distracted before I
        could
        ask you about it.

        How many Unity Gamers are going up to ConMan? Carol and I are trying
        to work our schedules to make it in time for Craigs tournament. I
        expect it will be one of the best cons in years if enough Unity
        Gamers
        are able to attend. We can always spill over into the open gaming
        tables if there is a crowd!

        Eddie
      • Alison Hansel
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
          "Eddie Campisano" <edcamp@i...> wrote:

          > Say, has anyone played Alcatraz by FS Schmid? It looks like an
          > interesting abstract game. There was a review written at Funagain
          by
          > an Alison from New York. Was that OUR Alison?

          Yup, that was me. It's true. As you can read there I enjoyed the
          game. It was rather expensive in Germany, so I didn't buy it. It's
          also a pretty simple game parts-wise, so I've made myself a little
          home version. I can bring it along sometime, if you want to try it
          out.

          > How many Unity Gamers are going up to ConMan?

          I'll be coming! Unity Games takes over ConMan!

          --Alison