Re: [Unity_Games] Reminder - Danger Planet - Open Gaming

  • Kimee
    Message 1 of 208 , Mar 31, 2005
      > Danger Planet - Open Gaming
      > Open gaming at Danger Planet in Waltham.

      Ok guys I decided to check this out too late tonight. I am putting it
      on my calendar (in pen) next week for sure. Problem is I guess you
      would say I am a wanna-be gamer. I don't know anyone that games, so I
      don't know how to play a lot of games. Are there going to be a ton of
      people that know each other & frown upon newbies? I have Fluxx & a
      few Looney Lab "card games", but I don't know any board games. I have
      seen Settlers of Cataan played before, so I have a clue.

      So what should a newbie expect? Should I bring something? Anything i
      need to know before going? If someone could email me directions
      privately that would be cool too.

      Kimee
    • Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
      Message 208 of 208 , Nov 23, 2005

        Danger Planet - Open Gaming

        Date: Thursday, November 24, 2005
        Time: 6:30PM - 11:30PM EST (GMT-05:00)

        Open gaming at Danger Planet in Waltham.

        The group meets every Thursday night at Danger Planet starting
        at around
        6:30pm. The current attendance runs anywhere from 10 to 15
        participants so there are usually two or more games running at a
        time. There is ample opportunity for latecomers to jump into
        games and most of the participants play on to 11pm or later.
        The type of games run the gamut of strategy board games from
        games like El Grande or Tikal on the 'deeper' side, to Wiz-war
        or Bohnanza on the 'lighter' side. We encourage folks to bring
        games they want to try out and I take requests for games, as it
        were, having a pretty deep game closet...

        Contact Tony Farrand at farrands@... for details/directions.