Re: [Unity_Games] Re: Any Gamers in Northern Mass?

  • Kimee
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
      The reason I haven't gotten involved much on this list is well a few
      reasons. #1. I have been working A LOT & just never had the time.
      #2. I didn't know a sole & I don't know any games discusses (total
      newbie), but the main reason is I would rather loose an arm out a city
      bus than to go into Boston. I would rather travel 30 minutes North
      than just 10 minutes into Boston. That is just me. The traffic, the
      parking, yuck! So that group sounds awesome! I have already
      requested membership. I will be attending the Danger Planet games
      night next week though, Waltham is not Boston :)

      Kimee
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
        Kimee wrote:

        > The reason I haven't gotten involved much on this
        > list is well a few reasons. #1. I have been working A LOT & just
        > never had the time. #2. I didn't know a sole & I don't
        > know any games discusses (total newbie), but the
        > main reason is I would rather loose an arm out a city
        > bus than to go into Boston. I would rather travel 30
        > minutes North than just 10 minutes into Boston.
        > That is just me. The traffic, the parking, yuck!
        > So that group sounds awesome! I have already
        > requested membership. I will be attending the
        > Danger Planet games night next week though,
        > Waltham is not Boston :)

        Hi Kimee... there are numerous groups in the area within reach. The best
        advice I can give is to just jump on in - most of the area groups are really
        run by great folks. In recent years, some of the groups have gone private -
        since they are often run in peoples homes and there is a limit to who you
        can invite. But there are still some open groups. I run the South Shore
        Gamers on Monday nights at the Walpole B&N cafe. It's a nice public place.
        The folks are all friendly. We almost always have someone at the table who
        hasn't played the chosen game before - so rules are always explained with
        enthusiasm. Walpole may be a bit far for you, obviously, but you are always
        welcome at SSG. With the diminishing open groups in the area, I'm half
        tempted to put SSG back onto Saturday nights at a big open central venue
        (leaving Monday B&N exactly where it is since many of us in the area have
        come to enjoy after-work gaming at the cafe) but I haven't finalized any
        plans yet.

        I'd also recommend you keep an eye out for an announcement for Unity Games
        10. We've had a bit of difficulty locking down a date and hotel, but the big
        UG events are the best places to meet with other boardgamers in the area. It
        is very likely you'll find a group of folks that you fit in well with.

        Best of luck and hope to see you at the gaming table soon!

        Wanted: Atari 2600, Colecovision, NES, SNES, Genesis, C64, TI-99
        daveber@... (remove NOSPAM to use)
        http://www.unitygames.org (Unity Games - Eastern MA Gaming)
      • markkolenski
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
          The Suburban Outcast Gamers meet every Monday night at 7pm at various
          homes North and West of Boston:

          Tomorrow we are in Sudbury (20 min West of Waltham on 117) @7:15. I am
          new to the group, but they are a great bunch of guys -- only slightly
          insane ...

          On 4/4, we are in Westford and on 4/18 will be at my home on North
          Andover (the north country!). If there is interest, we may even meet
          earlier in the day on the 18th, since it is a holiday for many.

          Maybe we will see you there? All gamers of all levels and interests
          are welcome.