Re: [Unity_Games] Reminder - MVGA session - Open to All

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 23, 2000
      The damn auto-poster refuses to give up.

      No MVGA tonight!

      Unity_Games@egroups.com wrote:

      > MVGA session - Open to All
      >
      > Date: Thursday, November 23, 2000
      > Time: 7:00PM - 10:45PM EST (GMT-05:00)
      >
      > Merrimack Valley Gamers Assoc. sessions at the Masonic Hall in
      > Holliston. See the doc file in the files area for directions.
      >
      > And contact Walter Hunt with questions.
      >

      > Web page for Unity Games member database, files, polls, etc.
      > http://www.egroups.com/group/Unity_Games

      Mark Edwards
      dangermouse@...
    • Walter Hunt {the HOtC}
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 23, 2000
        Mark:
        >The damn auto-poster refuses to give up.
        >
        >No MVGA tonight!

        Thanks Mark.

        (Or is this a transparent attempt to keep ahead of the autoposter? No,
        wait, that's Alison...)

        Walter
      • Alison Hansel
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 23, 2000
          --- In Unity_Games@egroups.com, Mark Edwards <dangermouse@m...> wrote:
          > The damn auto-poster refuses to give up.
          >
          > No MVGA tonight!

          The autoposter is SO cheating! Three times for an event that is
          clearly not happening. That is just wrong.

          ----Andrew wrote:
          > ps it seems that the autoposter is determined to extend its lead
          >over Alison
          > while she's away... a remorseless foe indeed.

          It's evil, I tell you! Just wait until I get back....

          Hope you all are having a happy and fattening Thanksgiving!
          --Alison
        • brian tivol
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 23, 2000
            > From: Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...>

            > The damn auto-poster refuses to give up.

            It's locked in a vicious battle with Alison. She's-so-screwed!

            --brian
          • Charles Glaser
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 24, 2000
              I agree....She is so loosing this game....And for once people can believe
              her on this....

              >> The damn auto-poster refuses to give up.
              >
              >It's locked in a vicious battle with Alison. She's-so-screwed!
              >
              >--brian
              >

              >Web page for Unity Games member database, files, polls, etc.
              >http://www.egroups.com/group/Unity_Games
              >
              >To UNSUBSCRIBE from The Unity Games mailing list, please send an email to:
              Unsubscribe from there.

            • Alison Hansel
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 25, 2000
                --- In Unity_Games@egroups.com, "Charles Glaser" <yexel@m...> wrote:

                > >> From: Mark Edwards <dangermouse@m...>
                > >
                > >> The damn auto-poster refuses to give up.
                > >
                > >It's locked in a vicious battle with Alison. She's-so-screwed!
                > >

                > I agree....She is so loosing this game....And for once people can
                believe
                > her on this....

                Oh ye of little faith. I WILL defeat the autoposter! I'm keeping a
                sort of tally for each day now. I think I may have made up the
                original three that I was down. Now, I just have to work on staying
                ahead of the cheating little *&!%$@!

                --Alison
              • Walter H. Hunt
                Message 7 of 25 , Aug 29, 2001
                  > MVGA session - Open to All
                  >
                  > Date: Thursday, August 30, 2001
                  > Time: 7:00PM - 10:45PM EDT (GMT-04:00)
                  >
                  > Merrimack Valley Gamers Assoc. sessions at the Masonic Hall in
                  > Holliston. See the doc file in the files area for directions.
                  >
                  > And contact Walter Hunt with questions.

                  Lisa will be there taking a turn this week, so it should be fun for a change
                  :-)

                  We've had good turnouts the last few weeks. If you'd like a gaming fix
                  tonight, please feel free to attend.

                  Walter.
                • Walter H. Hunt
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 7, 2001

                    > MVGA session - Open to All
                    >
                    > Date: Thursday, September 6, 2001
                    > Time: 7:00PM - 10:45PM EDT (GMT-04:00)
                    >
                    > Merrimack Valley Gamers Assoc. sessions at the Masonic Hall in
                    > Holliston. See the doc file in the files area for directions.
                    >
                    > And contact Walter Hunt with questions.

                    I will be bringing Roads & Boats with me tonight, along with other stuff.
                    Closed circuit to many of you: "you have been too long absent from the
                    Games." :-)

                    Walter.
                  • Walter H. Hunt
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 1, 2001
                      Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                      > MVGA session - Open to All
                      >
                      > Date: Thursday, November 1, 2001

                      I will be at MVGA for the first time in a couple of weeks. I'd like to play
                      something _other_ than Sternenfahrer, and will have the tub o'games on hand.

                      If anyone has a request, let me know.

                      Walter, wirelessly.
                    • Walter H. Hunt
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 21, 2001
                        No no, bad autoposter :-)

                        No MVGA this week.

                        Walter.
                      • Walter Hunt
                        Message 11 of 25 , Apr 10, 2002

                          > MVGA session - Open to All
                          >
                          > Date: Thursday, April 11, 2002
                          > Time: 7:00PM - 10:45PM EDT (GMT-04:00)
                          >
                          > Merrimack Valley Gamers Assoc. sessions at the Masonic Hall in
                          > Holliston. See the doc file in the files area for directions.
                          >
                          > And contact Walter Hunt with questions.

                          As Scott mentioned, he'll be at MVGA this week, presumably with a bunch
                          o'games for various people. Feel free to stop by; I'm looking forward to
                          playing Puerto Rico and Industrial Waste, if time permits.

                          See you tomorrow!

                          Walter.
                        • Walter Hunt
                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 11, 2002
                            MVGA will be in the card room upstairs until 9 PM, as there is a Masonic
                            function in the dining hall.

                            Walter.
                          • Walter H. Hunt
                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 27, 2002
                              Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                              >We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.
                              >
                              >MVGA session - Open to All
                              >
                              >Date: Thursday, November 28, 2002
                              >Time: 7:00PM - 10:45PM EST (GMT-05:00)
                              >
                              >Merrimack Valley Gamers Assoc. sessions at the Masonic Hall in
                              >Holliston. See the doc file in the files area for directions.
                              >
                              >And contact Walter Hunt with questions.

                              MVGA will not meet this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

                              Walter.
                            • Walter H. Hunt
                              Message 14 of 25 , Dec 11, 2002
                                Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                >We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.
                                >
                                >MVGA session - Open to All
                                >
                                >Date: Thursday, December 12, 2002
                                >Time: 7:00PM - 10:45PM EST (GMT-05:00)

                                Definitely happening. I have a passel o' new stuff courtesy of Scott
                                Henshaw, and look forward to trying some of it out.

                                Walter.
                                Message 15 of 25 , Dec 12, 2002
                                  Walter wrote:

                                  > Definitely happening. I have a passel o' new stuff
                                  > courtesy of Scott Henshaw, and look forward to
                                  > trying some of it out.

                                  New stuff? You Walter? That's so... so... glitterati! :)

                                  I've not caught up on the new stuff from Essen yet. Heck, I'm still behind
                                  from the Nuremberg stuff earlier in the year! I did get in a 4P partnership
                                  game of Canal Grande (Alan and Aaron's new card game) which was very well
                                  received. A few plays of Carcassonne H&G and I continue to like it. On a
                                  separate note, Richard and I managed to be bested in the finals of a
                                  Crokinole Tournament this past Saturday by UGers Aaron and Richard H. A bit
                                  of a wacky month, but enjoying the mix of games and gamers!

                                  daveber@... (remove NOSPAM to use)
                                  http://www.unitygames.org (E pluribus Unity - Eastern MA gaming)
                                • Walter H. Hunt
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Dec 25, 2002
                                    Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                    >MVGA session - Open to All
                                    >
                                    >Date: Thursday, December 26, 2002
                                    >Time: 7:00PM - 10:45PM EST (GMT-05:00)
                                    >
                                    >Merrimack Valley Gamers Assoc. sessions at the Masonic Hall in
                                    >Holliston. See the doc file in the files area for directions.

                                    MVGA _will_ meet tomorrow night. Looks like the storm will be over by
                                    then, so feel free to come down. We have some new stuff to try out - I'd
                                    still like to play Wallenstein again, for example.

                                    Hope to see you there.

                                    Walter.
                                  • Walter H. Hunt
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jan 1 5:42 PM
                                      Silverton is planned for tomorrow evening, if anyone is interested.

                                      Walter.
                                    • redhill459@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Apr 17, 2003
                                        Walter, When are you going to change the name of the Gaming Association to
                                        Charles River Valley? Since Holliston isn't in the Merrimack Valley. As the
                                        song says " I love that dirty water" Franklin Bill

                                      • Walter H. Hunt
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Apr 30, 2003
                                          Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                          >We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.
                                          >
                                          >MVGA session - Open to All
                                          >
                                          >Date: Thursday, May 1, 2003
                                          >Time: 7:00PM - 10:45PM EDT (GMT-04:00)
                                          >
                                          >Merrimack Valley Gamers Assoc. sessions at the Masonic Hall in
                                          >Holliston. See the doc file in the files area for directions.
                                          >
                                          >And contact Walter Hunt with questions.

                                          We're expecting a visit from Bruce Whitehill and Jim Doherty tomorrow
                                          night - should be a good group. I'll have some new stuff from Gathering
                                          of Friends - Amun Re, Bean Trader, my own copy of Age of Steam.

                                          Walter.

                                        • Keith M. Sandler
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Dec 11, 2003
                                            Hello all. Long time lurker, first-time poster. I'm a gamer in Framingham
                                            (wrong side of Rt. 9, right side of the tracks) and have recently found that I
                                            can't get together with my usual gaming friends enough to calm the
                                            gaming monkey on my back (let's call him "Eugene").

                                            I was hoping to pop in at MVGA tonight if you have room for one more.

                                            Anything special I should know?

                                            --kMs (Keith)
                                            --
                                            Keith M. Sandler
                                            darkson@...

                                            "They'll call it chance or luck, or call it Fate,
                                            The cards and starts that tumble as they will."
                                            --Neil Gaiman, Smoke and Mirrors
                                          • redhill459@aol.com
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jan 1 9:51 AM
                                              Eric, I can be there at 6pm In Hollaston Jan 1. See You then . Bill B

                                            • redhill459@aol.com
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Aug 19, 2004
                                                Will there be gaming tonight at MVGA or has everyone gone to GenCon? Bill B

                                              • brosiuse
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Aug 19, 2004
                                                  --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, redhill459@a... wrote:
                                                  > Will there be gaming tonight at MVGA or has everyone gone to
                                                  > GenCon? Bill B

                                                  I'll be there

                                                  Eric
                                                • redhill459@aol.com
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Aug 20, 2004
                                                    Eric, Your reply did not show up on my email mailbox until late thursday, too
                                                    late for me to go, I would have gone if I knew someone was going to be there.
                                                    Bill

                                                  • brosiuse
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Aug 20, 2004
                                                      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, redhill459@a... wrote:
                                                      > Eric, Your reply did not show up on my email mailbox until late
                                                      > thursday, too late for me to go, I would have gone if I knew
                                                      > someone was going to be there.
                                                      > Bill

                                                      Sorry you weren't there. We had 7 and you would have made 8.

                                                      We also played Union Pacific, and because you weren't there, Evan won.

                                                      8-)

                                                      Eric