Re: [Unity_Games] Fifth Avenue Freeze Out

  • Craig Massey
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 4, 2005
      --- Walter Hunt <hotc@...> wrote:

      > On Jan 4, 2005, at 3:03 PM, Josh Bluestein wrote:
      >
      > > Either that or it's a clarion call to not let JC
      > write promotional
      > > marketing literature for anything you want people
      > to actually, um,
      > > buy.
      > >
      > > Not that's he necessarily wrong in what he's
      > saying...
      >
      > Sounds like choice two. Of course, that would
      > probably qualify him as a
      > marketing-communications guy, based
      > on what I've seen.
      >
      > Of course I've played Fifth Avenue too, and thought
      > it sucked. Just
      > like the original post - it sucks the life out of
      > you.

      I had a very similar experience after my first playing
      of Fifth Avenue. No shortage of groupthink in this
      game. If you have only played the game once, give it
      a second try. Its not going to set the world aflame,
      but it is not nearly as bad as so many seem to say.

      Save life sucking hyperbole for things like Tongiaki,
      JC's post, etc.

      Craig

      =====
      Craig W. Massey
      cwmassey@...

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • tool@panix.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 4, 2005
        > I had a very similar experience after my first playing
        > of Fifth Avenue. No shortage of groupthink in this
        > game. If you have only played the game once, give it
        > a second try. Its not going to set the world aflame,
        > but it is not nearly as bad as so many seem to say.
        >
        > Save life sucking hyperbole for things like Tongiaki,
        > JC's post, etc.

        I agree the game's not terrible. It's got interlocking systems,
        there are lots of decisions to be made, and there are subtleties
        to the gameplay. However, for me it just wasn't much fun - why,
        I can't say, but it wasn't, despite everything. Other people I
        have played with have had a similar reaction.

        Dan Blum tool@...
      • Craig B
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 4, 2005
          Craig Massey <cwmassey@...> wrote:

          > I had a very similar experience after my first playing
          > of Fifth Avenue. No shortage of groupthink in this
          > game. If you have only played the game once, give it
          > a second try. Its not going to set the world aflame,
          > but it is not nearly as bad as so many seem to say.
          >
          > Save life sucking hyperbole for things like Tongiaki,
          > JC's post, etc.

          Fifth Avenue is admittedly very very dry as a game. I mostly felt
          clueless during it. Not my favorite, but far from the worst I've
          played.

          However, Tongiaki was quite good, I think (It's the Tiki island boats
          game?). If so, I played twice at UG8 and had a great time.

          =====
          Craig Brooks
          Cheapass Demo Monkey / MIB #0411 email: gilby123@...
          http://www.angelfire.com/ma/gilby123/index.html