Year End Gaming Summary (or 5&10)

  • Adam Smiles
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
      My Gaming Year in Review:

      Note that this only includes face-to-face game play. If I included my
      online and PBEM games, the total number of games played would easily be
      doubled or tripled.

      I played 773 games this year. (up slightly from last year's 757)
      I played 255 different titles this year. (down 1 from last year's 256)
      I played 116 new-to-me games this year. (down from last year's 143)

      10+ Plays (aka Dimes):
      37 Electronic Catchphrase (also #1 last year with 28 plays)
      20 Heroscape
      18 Ticket to Ride (+1 more with the Mystery Train, +2 more for TtR Europe)
      17 Carcassonne (2 basic vanilla, 15 with I&C, T&B and tiles from K&S)
      16 St. Petersburg
      13 Oasis
      13 Ra
      12 Dicke Luft in Der Gruft
      12 High Society
      12 Powergrid
      11 6 Nimmt!
      11 Puerto Rico
      11 San Juan
      10 Leapfrog
      10 Spades
      10 Victory & Honor
      10 Web of Power

      5+ Plays (aka Nickles):
      9 Bang!
      9 Princes of Florence
      8 Foppen
      8 Goa
      7 Coloretto
      7 Corsari
      7 Einfach Genial
      7 FBI
      6 10 Days in Africa
      6 10 Days in the USA
      6 Blokus
      6 Can't Stop
      6 Compatability
      6 Memoir 44
      6 Poker
      6 Santiago
      5 Adam & Eva
      5 Boomtown
      5 Fish Eat Fish
      5 Immer Oben Auf
      5 Pompeji
      5 Sharpshooter
      5 Taj Mahal
      5 Tulchulcha
      5 Wizard
      5 Wyatt Earp

      Just missing the cut (4 plays):
      Alexandros, Attika, Call My Bluff, Desperados, Geschenkt, Goldbrau, Hansa,
      Kakerlaken Poker, Lost Cities, LOTR: Confrontation, Medici, Metro, Nobody
      but Us Chickens, Reef Encounter, Showmanager, Star Wars: Queen's Gambit,
      Tanz der Hornochsen, Tonga Bonga, Und Tschuss!, Viva Pamplona

      Honorable Mention (3 plays):
      Amun Re, Ave Caesar, Balloon Cup, Crokinole, Die Sieben Siegel, El Grande,
      Employee of the Month, Exxtra, Feurio, Gulo Gulo, Industria, Kaleidos,
      Krakatoa, Marco Polo, Maya, Princes of the Renaisance, Railroad Dice, Rock
      N' Jockey Derby, Sole Mio, Traumfabrik, Tutanchamun, Wings of War, Ys

      -Adam

      Unity Games 9 - Sat January 29, 2005
      http://www.unitygames.org/ug9/ug9.htm
    • Susan Dohnim
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
        Someone told me I missed a reply re this wonderful game last time, when I
        sent out the same call for UG8 -- i.e., someone else actually has a set and
        was looking for a match. If that's the case . . . you still out there?

        Kyle Who Is Not Susan
      • cvonh
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
          Adam's increase in number of games played is especially impressive
          when you consider he was in the hospital for much of The Gathering.
          determination like that should be an example to all of us. Now get on
          out there AND PLAY!!!

          HOO YAAAAA!!! <visual of my fellow nerds and nerdettes rushing out of
          locker room after non-denominational pre-game prayer ritual>

          Yrs,
          Constantine
          Who has to choose between gaming, comedy and family. I'm sure my wife
          will remember me fondly ...

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
            >Yrs,
            >Constantine
            >Who has to choose between gaming, comedy and family. I'm sure my wife
            >will remember me fondly ...

            The world of comedy will no doubt be grateful as well . . .

            Thank you, I'll be here all week.
          • Karl von Laudermann
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
              On Jan 3, 2005, at 2:29 PM, Susan Dohnim wrote:

              > Someone told me I missed a reply re this wonderful game last time,
              > when I
              > sent out the same call for UG8 -- i.e., someone else actually has a
              > set and
              > was looking for a match. If that's the case . . . you still out there?
              >
              > Kyle Who Is Not Susan

              That wasn't me, but I can bring my set and I would be willing to play.

              Karl Who Is Karl

              --
              Karl J. von Laudermann
              karlvonl@...