[UG9] Antiquity at UG9?

  • Josh Bluestein
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      I would like to play Antiquity at some point during UG9.

      This is the new Splotter big-box release, and it has received some
      very positive comments.

      Brief detail: 2-4 players. Gameplay is allegedly two hours, but
      coments are to the effect that it will take somewhat longer for new
      players. (As in...it could potentially run to twice that, although
      I'd hope to keep things going at a reasonable clip to prevent that.)

      Theme is building up cities and exploiting the countryside for natural
      resources, trying to meet your chosen victory condition before famine
      and pollution overwhelm you. Rules and everything else you would need
      in order to understand how to play the game can be downloaded from
      BoardGameGeek. Reading rules ahead of time would be a plus.

      I figure the right thing to do is start a game around 1PM with four
      players, go over the rules (which are surprisingly succinct), and then
      get playing and try to be done before dinnertime.

      If you're interested, let me know via private email. If I don't get
      sufficient interest I probably won't bother bringing the game, as it's
      not exactly compact...

      Josh