UG9

  • Tami
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      WOW! I can't believe that UG9 is LESS THAN 4 WEEKS AWAY!

      I'm very excited about having another UG day so quickly after the
      last one, especially since I had to leave UG8 early.

      I was just looking at the database of games requested/games being
      brought (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Unity_Games/database?
      method=reportRows&tbl=11), and there's not much there yet. I'm
      adding several games that I'd like to play, as well as some games
      that I'll be bringing with me. Hopefully we can get the games list
      count to over 100 in the next two weeks!

      Hey, pre-pay takers? What's the count on pre-pays looking like right
      now?

      Tami
      -27 days and counting
    • Tami
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Tami" <yatcher@y...> wrote:

        > WOW! I can't believe that UG9 is LESS THAN 4 WEEKS AWAY!

        As a follow-up to this post, I've created a database for people
        wanting to trade at UG9
        (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Unity_Games/database?
        method=reportRows&tbl=12).

        It's become somewhat of a tradition for me to do at least one trade
        at each UG event, and I want to make it a little easier this time.
        At least, I hope that that's what the table will do! I have just a
        few games listed right now, but will be adding more as the days go
        on, and I think of more I'd like, or more I'd be willing to trade.
        I've made it so that anyone can edit the table, so if you can think
        of a way to make the table work better, please do so!

        Tami
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
          "Tami" <yatcher@...> wrote:

          >WOW! I can't believe that UG9 is LESS THAN 4 WEEKS AWAY!

          Yes - it's approaching fast! Should be a great day of gaming with
          friends. We've all been a bit busy with the holidays but things
          are gearing up nicely for the event. Tery has promised a few
          puzzles for those interested and buzz for the poker event in the
          evening looks phenomenal. For those interested in the bright
          shiny games just off the slow boat, there have been lots of new
          games released since UG8 and most will make an appearance at UG9.
          And, of course, there is the all-day open gaming marathon which
          remains the core of the event. We are working on something a bit
          more formal for the new-game jump-start area (which will be
          different than the teaching area Phil runs quite successfully).

          I can't wait!

          >Hey, pre-pay takers? What's the count on pre-pays
          >looking like right now?

          I haven't seen the updated totals this week, but I think we are
          fast approaching 50. That's not too shabby - we usually get
          60-70 prepays and the other half pay at the door though I expect
          prepays will be up due to increased the price difference.
          Everyone that hasn't pre-paid should do so in the next couple of
          weeks (sooner is always better than later!).

          Wanted: Old video games-Atari, Colecovision, NES, SNES, Genesis
          daveber@... (remove NOSPAM to use)