ConMan 8

  • Mark J. Edwards
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2000
      Just rec'd my ConMan 8 flyer the other day, and I was wondering if
      anyone is planning on attending. It's being held Aug 18, 19, and 20 in
      Merrimack, NH (just over the border).
      I see Craig listed as GM for a Rio Grande Games tournament so I
      guess Craig will be there. Besides that, here is a list of some of the
      events that might be of interest, Medici, Merchant of Venus, Robo Rally,
      Settlers, Vino, plus my favorite, Open gaming.
      So, besides Craig who's obviously going, is there anyone else with
      an urge to attend?

      Mark

      --
      Mark Edwards
      dangermouse@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 20, 2000
        Greetings All!

        Can you believe it? Is it possible that there wasn't even ONE Unity
        Games email post on Saturday? (The END must be near!)

        Carol and I enjoyed our short (5 hour!) stay at ConMan on Saturday.
        We had hoped to arrive early to beat the crush at the registration
        table, but at 5:00am I decided to let my wife sleep in a little
        later!
        So we didn't arrive until 9:30. Unfortunately, the registration table
        wasn't being overwhelmed by people rushing to play Rio Grande games
        when we arrived. However, Craig was dutifully manning his post and
        awaiting the first players.

        I hope ConMan was a success for Craig, Unity Gamers and Rio Grande. I
        think it was from what Carol and I were able to observe. We had to
        leave at 2:30 but did manage to play three games (El Caballero,
        Members Only and Torres). However, only Torres counted for points and
        I could only manage a distant 2nd; Alison won handily!

        Craig, I just want to say thanks for the effort you put forth. I wish
        Carol and I could have stayed longer. I know we missed out on a lot
        of gaming fun! I hope the people running ConMan (Totalcon) were
        impressed by the turn out for the Rio Grande Tournament. I hope you
        can do it again next year!

        Eddie
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 20, 2000
          "Eddie Campisano" <edcamp@...> wrote:

          >Greetings All!
          >
          >Can you believe it? Is it possible that there wasn't even ONE Unity
          >Games email post on Saturday? (The END must be near!)

          Because we didn't get home until Sunday :)

          I'm still waking up, but will post a pic-tography of the day in
          an hour or two. If anyone found a business card with some
          writing on the back - let me know. One of the miniatures guys
          gave it to me so I could send a picture to him of his set-up but
          now I can't find it.

          We picked up a few new players in the evening session from
          7-11PM.

          Great event! Congratulations to Craig for doing a great job.
          Also, big congratulations to Alison who won the event and Jenn
          who was runner-up (both got Rio Grande Game prizes).

          dber@...
        • Dan Cashmore
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 21, 2000
            It sounds like ConMan was great. I enjoyed reading the reports, looking at
            the pics and vicariously experiencing the day. Congrats to Alison, Jenn and
            Tamara on their respective win-filled days.

            I'm sorry to have missed all the fun, but at least I managed a game-filled
            weekend with my sister Karen, brother-in-law TIm and niece Amy. I got to
            play several games for the first time: Njet!, a neat little trick-taking
            game by Stefan Dorra (of Streetcar fame); Aquarius from Looney Labs; and Ra,
            on loan from Walter (thanks, Walter!). We also pulled out Boggle (it's been
            years!), Naval War and Twitch.

            I didn't get ratings from the other players (sorry, Dave!), but if anyone
            wants to hear more about any of these games, let me know and I'll post a
            more complete report on CashmoreCon later today.

            -Dan