Poker Tournament at UG9

  • AlanRMoon@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2004
      Howdy Everyone,

      Once again, with the authorization of the Grand High Exulted Mystic Big
      Kahuhna Dave B. himself, Ricardo Sedan and I will be running a TEXAS HOLD 'EM
      Tournament at UG9. Here are the specifics:

      1. You must sign-up by 7:00. The sign-up sheet will be on the registration
      table during the day.
      2. The tournament will start at 7:30. We will begin promptly so plan
      accordingly.
      3. Cost to enter is $15. You must hand me the money between 7 and 7:30.
      4. Prize money will be divided as follows: 7th and 8th place will get their
      $15 back, 5th and 6th place will get $25, and the rest of the money will be
      divided 50% for the winner, 25% for second, 15% for third, and 10% for fourth.
      5. Tables will be kept to 7 or 8 players as much as possible.
      6. Each table will have a Table Leader (appointed by Ricardo and me). If you
      are not a Table Leader, please don't concern yourself with the rearrangement
      of the tables. The Table Leaders, Ricardo, and I will deal with it.
      7. If one, two, or three new people are added to a table, they will be seated
      randomly among the existing players at the table, and the Deal will continue
      to pass from where it was. No player will be seated between the players who
      will be the Blinds on the next hand. If four or more people are added to a
      table, the whole table will be rearranged randomly and a new first Dealer
      determined.
      8. Format will be no-limit knockout. Minimum raise is equal to the big blind
      or the last raise within the betting round.
      9. Each player will receive $400 in chips: 10 fives, 6 twenty-fives, and 2
      hundreds (or the equivalent).
      10. Initial blinds will be $5 and $10. Blinds will increase automatically
      every 20 minutes, going to $10/20, $15.30, $20/40, and then $25/50. After that,
      the blinds will increase depending on situation of the tournament at the
      discretion of Ricardo and me.
      11. There may be one or more official breaks. If you have to leave the table
      at any other time, the Dealer will deal you in and ante your Blind if
      applicable, and then fold your hand if you are not there when you are required to bet
      more money.
      12. Since we are starting earlier, it should be no problem, even with the
      expected greater number of players, to get a winner by midnight. If the game
      isn't over by midnight, we will continue playing until the hotel kicks us out, at
      which point the winners will be decided
      by their chip totals
      13. All other questions to be answered that day.

      Alan R. Moon

    • AlanRMoon@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2005
        Hi Everyone,

        Just a reminder that Ricardo Sedan and I will be running TEXAS HOLD 'EM
        Tournament at UG9. Here are the specifics:

        1. You must sign-up by 7:00. The sign-up sheet (and these rules) will be on
        the registration table during the day.
        2. The tournament will start at 7:30. We will begin promptly so plan
        accordingly.
        3. Cost to enter is $15. You must hand me the money between 7 and 7:30.
        4. Prize money will be divided as follows: 7th and 8th place will get their
        $15 back, 5th and 6th place will get $25, and the rest of the money will be
        divided 50% for the winner, 25% for second, 15% for third, and 10% for fourth.
        (((Slight modifications to the mnoey for 5th-8th place are possible depending on
        the number of entrants.)))
[...]

        See you all on Saturday,
        Alan