SOG SR: Nov 1, 2004: Members Only, Catchphrase, Perudo, Hick Hack

  • flyingsheep
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2004
      Session Report: November 1, 2004
      Games Played: Members Only, Catchphrase, Perudo, Hick Hack
      Gamers: Josh, Chris, Rob, Sara, Chip, Arkady

      Thanks to Rob for hosting. Quick session report, as most of the games we played were classics.

      MEMBERS ONLY (1:00)
      Arkady: 26
      Rob: 24
      Chip: 24
      Sara: 23
      Josh: 15

      Josh suggested Members Only, a Knizia game of betting. He explained the rules, dealt out the cards, and we began.
      This game grew on me. At first I was dismayed by the lack of information available on which to base my decisions. As the game progressed, I realized that the bets that people place are at least as important as the cards in my hand. Having lost a lot of bets in the early round, I was a bit limited, and could only use two of the three betting opportunities in more than one round. The reward of placing outrageous bets in this situation is that, even if you lose, you'll get your full complement of chips back.
      This was a fun game, and not too long. I have a feeling that I'd like it more with less players (and more betting rounds), but I'd play it again with five people.

      CATCHPHRASE (0:22)
      Chip, Josh, Rob: 1
      Arkady, Chris, Sara: 0

      Well, if Sara was on my team, we would have gotten the word "balmy".

      CALL MY BLUFF (0:25)
      Chris: won
      Sara: 5th out
      Arkady: 4th out
      Chip: 3rd out
      Josh: 2nd out
      Rob: 1st out

      I think my favorite part of this game is trying to influence people to call bets.

      HICK HACK (0:15)
      Josh: 35
      Chris: 31
      Chip: 30
      Arkady: 24
      Rob: 21
      Sara: 21

      Not much to say about this game. It's light, quick and fun.

      .chip

      Sent via the WebMail system at flyingsheep.com