Re: [SR] Winter Hill 10/24/04

  • Evan Tannheimer
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2004
      > > >In the third round we learned we were playing the boss placement
      rule
      > > >wrong.
      > >
      > > Well, that what you get for letting Evan teach you the rules.

      Okay, let me defend myself. I have never read any game rulebook (big
      surprise there) and was teaching the game secondhand (as taught to me
      by Bob).

      > > You didn't say if you liked the game or not. I haven't played it
      with 3
      > > players, but I suspect after several plays with 4 players, that
      the 4 player
      > > game is significantly better game than the 3 player game.

      I believe thats what I told them before we started but as I have yet
      to try it with 4, I was just assuming it played better.

      > After 1 play with 3 players (and none with 4), I suspect the same
      thing. The
      > game works that way, but since the number of businesses is not
      reduced in
      > any way there's less competition for each - and it appeared, too
      little.
      >Dan Blum

      You did remember to take out one share card for each business, right
      Dan?

      -Evan Tannheimer
    • Dan Blum
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2004
        > > After 1 play with 3 players (and none with 4), I suspect the same
        > thing. The
        > > game works that way, but since the number of businesses is not
        > reduced in
        > > any way there's less competition for each - and it appeared, too
        > little.
        > >Dan Blum
        >

        > You did remember to take out one share card for each business, right
        > Dan?

        Yup. Actually I'm not sure that's a good idea, since it makes it
        even easier to get majorities and to kick people out, but we did do
        it.

        Dan Blum tool@...
      • chris_roberts_42
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 25, 2004
          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Smiles" <adamsmiles@h...>
          wrote:
          > >From: "chris_roberts_42" <chrisalmy@y...>
          > >
          > >Goldbrau
          > >(Chris, Matthew, Evan)
          > >
          > >In the third round we learned we were playing the boss placement
          rule
          > >wrong.
          >
          > Well, that what you get for letting Evan teach you the rules.

          I'm well aware that "Evan's rules" aren't usually exact. But they
          work for learning while reading the rulebook during play. I usually
          write off my first game of anything as a learning experience anyways.

          > You didn't say if you liked the game or not.

          I did like the game. I'd like to play with 4 players sometime too,
          but I would think with 3 players that you have more control to plan
          things.

          -Chris