Primordial Soup Ursuppe Doris and Frank

  • Scholars in Bridgewater
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2004
      This game seems very pricy is it worth it?
      Anyone play the German version?
      Thanks
      David

      Primordial Soup

      Translated from the well-known German game, Ursuppe, players take on the
      role of amoebas trying to survive in the Primoridal Soup of Earth's past.

      Gene cards are purchased to develop your tribe of amoebas and have them
      be the most successful species in the Soup.

      Comes with over 270 wooden components. For 3 or 4 players. Playing time
      2 hours. Original designers/manfacturers are Doris and Frank, makers of
      Frank's Zoo.

      Manufacturer: Z-Man Games
      Pre-Order Due Date: 12/01/2004
      Product Code: 7001
      Item Ship Date: 12/15/2004

      MSRP: $49.99

      --
      "for the college and the town since 1993"

      Scholars'
      34 Central Square
      Bridgewater, MA 02324

      voice (508) 279-1712
      toll free (800) 823-1712
      fax (508) 279-1615
      contact David Tassinari
    • Sean Donohue
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2004
        I have played it and it's a very good game. It runs a little long though,
        and I can't seem to ever get enough interest in it to get in onto the table.

        Sean

      • John P. Cataldo
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2004
          I agree. I'm a big fan of Ursuppe, and if a friend didn't already own it
          (therefore making it pretty accessible to me) I'd almost certainly be
          willing to spend the moolah on it.

          -John

          On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Sean Donohue wrote:

          ]
          ] I have played it and it's a very good game. It runs a little long though,
          ] and I can't seem to ever get enough interest in it to get in onto the table.
          ]
          ] Sean
          ]
          ] > This game seems very pricy is it worth it?
          ] > Anyone play the German version?
          ] > Thanks
          ] > David
        • Brian Alan Joughin
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2004
            > I agree. I'm a big fan of Ursuppe, and if a friend didn't already own it
            > (therefore making it pretty accessible to me) I'd almost certainly be
            > willing to spend the moolah on it.

            I'm the friend in question. I think Ursuppe is a fine game, but it's
            drawn out enough that it get's played rare enough to maybe not be a game
            I'd spend $50 on.
          • Craig B
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 7, 2004
              Brian Alan Joughin <bjoughin@...> wrote:

              > > I agree. I'm a big fan of Ursuppe, and if a friend didn't
              > already own it
              > > (therefore making it pretty accessible to me) I'd almost
              > certainly be
              > > willing to spend the moolah on it.
              >
              > I'm the friend in question. I think Ursuppe is a fine game, but
              > it's
              > drawn out enough that it get's played rare enough to maybe not be a
              > game
              > I'd spend $50 on.

              Maybe you'd prefer to have Urland? ;)

              =====
              Craig Brooks
              Cheapass Demo Monkey / MIB #0411 email: gilby123@...
              http://www.angelfire.com/ma/gilby123/index.html

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Doug Orleans
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2004
                > Primordial Soup
                >
                > Translated from the well-known German game, Ursuppe, players take on the
                > role of amoebas trying to survive in the Primoridal Soup of Earth's past.

                The German game came with rules in both German and English, and had
                double-sided German/English gene cards. So the only thing they
                "translated" was the title!

                --dougo@...
              • Robert
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 8, 2004
                  I'm not sure how much it is going to be selling for but I heard Z-Man
                  games will be making an English version of the game. In addition, the
                  website I work for, www.gametableonline.com, is currently programming
                  a fully licensed version online version of the Ursuppe.

                  Robert Eng