Poker Tournament at UG8

  • AlanRMoon@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 29, 2004
      Howdy Everyone,

      With the authorization of the Grand High Exulted Mystic Big Kahuhna Dave B.
      himself, Ricardo Sedan and I will be running a TEXAS HOLD 'EM Tournament at
      UG8. Here are the specifics:

      1. Cost to enter is $15.
      2. Prize money to be divided as follows: 5th-8th place to get their $15 back,
      with the rest of the money divided 50% for the winner, 25% for second, 15%
      for third, and 10% for fourth.
      3. Format will be no-limit knockout. Minimum raise is equal to the big blind.
      4. Tables will be kept to 7 or 8 players as much as possible.
      5. Each player will received $50 in chips: 10 ones, 10 twos, and 4 fives.
      6. Initial blinds will be $1 and $2. Blinds will increase automatically every
      15 minutes, going to $2/4, $3/6, $4/8, $5/10, etc.
      7. We are hoping to get a winner by midnight. If not, we will continue
      playing until the hotel kicks us out, at which point the winners will be decided by
      their chip totals.
      8. The tournament will begin after the finish of Pitt's Event or at 9pm,
      whichever comes sooner. Please plan accordingly.
      9. If you have chips, please bring them so we guarantee that we have enough.
      Thanks.
      10. All other questions to be answered that day.

      Alan R. Moon

    • Doug Orleans
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 29, 2004
        I'm shocked, shocked that gambling is going on in here!
      • Phil Alberg
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 29, 2004
          > I'm shocked, shocked that gambling is going on in here!

          [hands over some francs] "Your winnings, sir".
        • billtoscano@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 29, 2004
            "Your winnings, Sir."

            Bill

          • Craig B
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 29, 2004
              Is there a sign-up for this in advance? Might be a good way for
              people to volunteer their chips too.

              Just a thought.

              =====
              Craig Brooks
              Cheapass Demo Monkey / MIB #0411 email: gilby123@...
              http://www.angelfire.com/ma/gilby123/index.html

              http://vote.yahoo.com
            • AlanRMoon@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 29, 2004
                Is there a sign-up for this in advance? Might be a good way for
                people to volunteer their chips too.

                Just a thought.

                =====
                Craig Brooks

                I don't see any reason not to have an advanced sign-up. So anyone who is
                going to play, please email me privately at alanrmoon@.... No maybes! And be
                warned, anyone who signs up and doesn't play will be off my Christmas list
                forever.

                Alan

              • Terry Egan
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 29, 2004
                  If anyone's interested in making some game trades at
                  UG8, I have about 185 games listed for trade at
                  boardgamegeek.com. Just plug in the user name "terry
                  egan" under "collections" on the front page to view my
                  trade and want lists. If you see something you're
                  interested in but don't see something you have on my
                  want list, feel free to send along your trade list -
                  there are many games out there I'd trade for that
                  probably aren't on my list. There's a lot of garbage
                  on my trade list, but quite a few good games, as well.
                  Of course, when there's no shipping involved, trading
                  garbage games for more garbage can be fun, too!

                  I generally don't sell games, but given that a
                  transaction at UG8 would be quick and easy, I'd also
                  be glad to entertain offers to buy any of the games
                  sitting on my trade list.

                  Contact me off list if you're interested in making a
                  trade or an offer to buy!

                  -Terry

                  http://messenger.yahoo.com
                • Tami
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 29, 2004
                    Well, I want to jump on the bandwagon!

                    I have marked my BGG list (username: TamiWhitsett) such that
                    anything I'd be willing to trade is marked.

                    There are a LOT of games that I'm interested in, so if you see
                    something you'd like, let me know what you have available for trade.

                    Also, I have several games that I'd be reluctant to trade, but if
                    the "right" trade came along, I'd be willing to do so.

                    Tami
                  • Richard Spoonts
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
                      --- AlanRMoon@... wrote:

                      > I don't see any reason not to have an advanced
                      > sign-up. So anyone who is
                      > going to play, please email me privately at
                      > alanrmoon@.... No maybes! And be
                      > warned, anyone who signs up and doesn't play will be
                      > off my Christmas list
                      > forever.

                      If that means that the annual pair of smelly socks
                      will become a thing of the past, then by all means
                      sign me up!

                      Richard

                      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail