need some Geek help here

  • cvonh
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
      figure one or two of you might read SF now and then ...

      i'm writing a story about the future (as in SF type future) of
      marketing and my editor wants some examples of how SF ideas shaped the
      technology of today. I came up with the fact that cell phones look
      like star trek communicators and the ideas underpinning cyberspace ...
      anyone have any other examples? my brain is toast today.
    • Tami
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "cvonh" <c@a...> wrote:
        > figure one or two of you might read SF now and then ...
        >
        > i'm writing a story about the future (as in SF type future) of
        > marketing and my editor wants some examples of how SF ideas shaped
        the
        > technology of today. I came up with the fact that cell phones look
        > like star trek communicators and the ideas underpinning
        cyberspace ...
        > anyone have any other examples? my brain is toast today.

        Big Brother... (not the TV show!) and satellites.
        Star Trek and their touch-screen computers
        The Borg and Microsoft ("you will be assimilated"). Oh wait, that
        one wasn't serious. Sorry.