Re: [Unity_Games] Re: Unity Games 8: Wizard Tournament III

  • pldr
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
      Traditionally, the Wizard tourney starts when Dave B. figures he has
      enough weak opponents in the room, but before any strong players
      arrive.

      Pete

      ----------
      > From: chris_roberts_42 <chrisalmy@...>
      > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [Unity_Games] Re: Unity Games 8: Wizard Tournament III
      > Date: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 5:35 PM
      >
      > Is there a start time for this tournament? Are there any other
      > tournaments at UG8? I don't see anything listed on the website and
      > I'm not "in the loop" like you all seem to be. :)
      >
      > -Chris
      >

      > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani"
      <daveber@g...>
      > wrote:
      > > Kostas wrote:
      > >
      > > >For all those playing in the Wizard Tournament. I will be
      donating
      > > >a sealed Wizard Deck (Amigo Version), for the winner.
      > >
      > > I've been on a winning streak at SSG and look to defend my
      heavily
      > disputed
      > > Wizard championship from UG7. Looking forward to yet another
      > sealed Wizard
      > > deck for my collection!
      > >
      > > --
      > > Dave Bernazzani
      > > Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games 8 - October 2, 2004
      > > http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm

    • Tami
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
        wrote:
        > thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In
        fact, I
        > was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random
        time that
        > didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily
        disputed title ;)

        Well, that, and you took complete advantage of some newbies. :-P

        Tami
      • Mark Edwards
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
          At 12:02 AM 9/3/2004 +0000, Tami wrote:
          >--- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani" <daveber@g...>
          >wrote:
          > > thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In
          >fact, I
          > > was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random
          >time that
          > > didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily
          >disputed title ;)
          >
          >Well, that, and you took complete advantage of some newbies. :-P

          Typical Dave tactics... which reminds me, I'll be available in the
          teaching area for anyone who wants to learn how to play Ra. I'm also adept
          at teaching Traumfabrik, ShowManager or Acquire.

          Mark

          Unity Games 8 - Gaming in Waltham! - October 2, 2004
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
            At 12:02 AM 9/3/2004 +0000, Tami wrote:
            >--- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani" <daveber@g...>
            >wrote:
            > > thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In
            >fact, I
            > > was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random
            >time that
            > > didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily
            >disputed title ;)
            >
            >Well, that, and you took complete advantage of some newbies. :-P

            Typical Dave tactics... which reminds me, I'll be available in the
            teaching area for anyone who wants to learn how to play Ra. I'm also adept
            at teaching Traumfabrik, ShowManager or Acquire.

            Mark

            Unity Games 8 - Gaming in Waltham! - October 2, 2004
            http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm
          • Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
              Hello,
              I was trying to figure out a good time for us wizard fans to play.
              I figured 12:30PM sounds good. I figure everyone who wants to play
              should be at the event by the then.
              If we need we can have the first rounds split to accomidate early
              risers and late risers. Then have the final later in the day. ANyway
              If possible please email me off list if you want to join in. This
              in no way forces you to play. This is more for me to know who to wait
              for and expect.

              Peace,
              Kostas

              Email: knikolai at yahoo dot com
            • brosiuse
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
                --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@c...>
                wrote:

                > [...]
                >
                > Typical Dave tactics... which reminds me, I'll be available in
                > the teaching area for anyone who wants to learn how to play
                > Ra. I'm also adept at teaching Traumfabrik, ShowManager or
                > Acquire.

                If Mark teaches you Traumfabrik, remember to ask him whether vertrags
                are worth anything at the end of the game...

                Eric