Re: [Unity_Games] Unity Games 8: Wizard Tournament III

  • Richard Spoonts
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
      > Kostas wrote:
      >
      > >For all those playing in the Wizard Tournament. I
      > will be donating
      > >a sealed Wizard Deck (Amigo Version), for the
      > winner.

      Has the time for the Wizard Tournament been set? I
      feel like kicking some Spirit Wizard butt.

      Richard

      Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games 8 - October 2, 2004
      http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
    • pldr
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
        Traditionally, the Wizard tourney starts when Dave B. figures he has
        enough weak opponents in the room, but before any strong players
        arrive.

        Pete

        ----------
        > From: chris_roberts_42 <chrisalmy@...>
        > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [Unity_Games] Re: Unity Games 8: Wizard Tournament III
        > Date: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 5:35 PM
        >
        > Is there a start time for this tournament? Are there any other
        > tournaments at UG8? I don't see anything listed on the website and
        > I'm not "in the loop" like you all seem to be. :)
        >
        > -Chris
        >

        > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani"
        <daveber@g...>
        > wrote:
        > > Kostas wrote:
        > >
        > > >For all those playing in the Wizard Tournament. I will be
        donating
        > > >a sealed Wizard Deck (Amigo Version), for the winner.
        > >
        > > I've been on a winning streak at SSG and look to defend my
        heavily
        > disputed
        > > Wizard championship from UG7. Looking forward to yet another
        > sealed Wizard
        > > deck for my collection!
        > >
        > > --
        > > Dave Bernazzani
        > > Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games 8 - October 2, 2004
        > > http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm

      • Tami
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
          wrote:
          > thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In
          fact, I
          > was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random
          time that
          > didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily
          disputed title ;)

          Well, that, and you took complete advantage of some newbies. :-P

          Tami
        • Mark Edwards
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
            At 12:02 AM 9/3/2004 +0000, Tami wrote:
            >--- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani" <daveber@g...>
            >wrote:
            > > thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In
            >fact, I
            > > was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random
            >time that
            > > didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily
            >disputed title ;)
            >
            >Well, that, and you took complete advantage of some newbies. :-P

            Typical Dave tactics... which reminds me, I'll be available in the
            teaching area for anyone who wants to learn how to play Ra. I'm also adept
            at teaching Traumfabrik, ShowManager or Acquire.

            Mark

            Unity Games 8 - Gaming in Waltham! - October 2, 2004
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
              At 12:02 AM 9/3/2004 +0000, Tami wrote:
              >--- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani" <daveber@g...>
              >wrote:
              > > thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In
              >fact, I
              > > was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random
              >time that
              > > didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily
              >disputed title ;)
              >
              >Well, that, and you took complete advantage of some newbies. :-P

              Typical Dave tactics... which reminds me, I'll be available in the
              teaching area for anyone who wants to learn how to play Ra. I'm also adept
              at teaching Traumfabrik, ShowManager or Acquire.

              Mark

              Unity Games 8 - Gaming in Waltham! - October 2, 2004
              http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm
            • Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
                Hello,
                I was trying to figure out a good time for us wizard fans to play.
                I figured 12:30PM sounds good. I figure everyone who wants to play
                should be at the event by the then.
                If we need we can have the first rounds split to accomidate early
                risers and late risers. Then have the final later in the day. ANyway
                If possible please email me off list if you want to join in. This
                in no way forces you to play. This is more for me to know who to wait
                for and expect.

                Peace,
                Kostas

                Email: knikolai at yahoo dot com
              • brosiuse
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
                  --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@c...>
                  wrote:

                  > [...]
                  >
                  > Typical Dave tactics... which reminds me, I'll be available in
                  > the teaching area for anyone who wants to learn how to play
                  > Ra. I'm also adept at teaching Traumfabrik, ShowManager or
                  > Acquire.

                  If Mark teaches you Traumfabrik, remember to ask him whether vertrags
                  are worth anything at the end of the game...

                  Eric