Re: [Unity_Games] Re: A thanks and Q. about HQ Poker chips

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
      I did a search for the same chips I had bought a couple of years ago
      and now they're even cheaper!

      http://tinyurl.com/432vs

      It looks like you can easily get a set of 500 11.5 gram clay chips for
      even less than I paid for 300! I couldn't resist the chips with the dice
      faces on em, but there are other choices.

      Mark

      At 11:32 AM 9/2/2004 -0400, Joseph Czapski wrote:

      >A note about the Compleat Gamester store in Waltham: years ago when I
      >stopped in occassionally and looked at ping pong stuff, juggling props, and
      >poker chips, I noted that their prices are often 50% higher than MSRP. I
      >was surprised, because usually the MSRP is the upper limit to the retail
      >price! So if you go there, it's good to first arm yourself with knowledge
      >of poker chip prices from online stores, of which there are several.

      Unity Games 8 - Gaming in Waltham! - October 2, 2004
      http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm

    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
        At 11:49 AM 9/2/2004 -0400, Mark Edwards wrote:
        > I did a search for the same chips I had bought a couple of years ago
        >and now they're even cheaper!

        But be aware of the shipping charges involved. These sets are heavy!

        Mark