Re: A thanks and Q. about HQ Poker chips

  • Joseph Czapski
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2 8:32 AM
      A note about the Compleat Gamester store in Waltham: years ago when I
      stopped in occassionally and looked at ping pong stuff, juggling props, and
      poker chips, I noted that their prices are often 50% higher than MSRP. I
      was surprised, because usually the MSRP is the upper limit to the retail
      price! So if you go there, it's good to first arm yourself with knowledge
      of poker chip prices from online stores, of which there are several.

      Joe Czapski
      Arlington, Mass.
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2 8:49 AM
        I did a search for the same chips I had bought a couple of years ago
        and now they're even cheaper!

        http://tinyurl.com/432vs

        It looks like you can easily get a set of 500 11.5 gram clay chips for
        even less than I paid for 300! I couldn't resist the chips with the dice
        faces on em, but there are other choices.

        Mark

        At 11:32 AM 9/2/2004 -0400, Joseph Czapski wrote:

        >A note about the Compleat Gamester store in Waltham: years ago when I
        >stopped in occassionally and looked at ping pong stuff, juggling props, and
        >poker chips, I noted that their prices are often 50% higher than MSRP. I
        >was surprised, because usually the MSRP is the upper limit to the retail
        >price! So if you go there, it's good to first arm yourself with knowledge
        >of poker chip prices from online stores, of which there are several.

        Unity Games 8 - Gaming in Waltham! - October 2, 2004
        http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm

      • Mark Edwards
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2 9:13 AM
          At 11:49 AM 9/2/2004 -0400, Mark Edwards wrote:
          > I did a search for the same chips I had bought a couple of years ago
          >and now they're even cheaper!

          But be aware of the shipping charges involved. These sets are heavy!

          Mark