Re: [Unity_Games] Unity Games 8: Wizard Tournament III

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2004
      Kostas wrote:

      >For all those playing in the Wizard Tournament. I will be donating
      >a sealed Wizard Deck (Amigo Version), for the winner.

      I've been on a winning streak at SSG and look to defend my heavily disputed
      Wizard championship from UG7. Looking forward to yet another sealed Wizard
      deck for my collection!

      Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games 8 - October 2, 2004
      http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm
    • chris_roberts_42
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2004
        Is there a start time for this tournament? Are there any other
        tournaments at UG8? I don't see anything listed on the website and
        I'm not "in the loop" like you all seem to be. :)

        -Chris

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani" <daveber@g...>

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 1, 2004
          > Is there a start time for this tournament? Are there any other
          > tournaments at UG8? I don't see anything listed on the website and
          > I'm not "in the loop" like you all seem to be. :)

          Hi Chris...

          The tournaments at big UG events (at least in the past) are generally very
          informal as most of the day is geared towards open gaming. There are
          usually a few fun activities throughout the day - announced in the flyer
          that is given out at the event. The Wizard tournaments in the past were
          thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In fact, I
          was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random time that
          didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily disputed title ;)

          We do plan on announcing the main scheduled activities the week before as we
          always do. Generally, this includes the Jump Start area (run by Phil Alberg
          and generally runs from the time we open till about noon) and often a team
          game (usually run by Pitt) that takes place in the evening from 7:30 till
          9PM or so. I sometimes get time to update the website, but that's hit or
          miss. In the past we have had other formal tournaments that are announced
          prior to the day with a reminder in the flyer -- Richard ran a Puerto Rico
          (or was it Princes of Florence?!) tournament one year which was well liked.

          Now... Kostas has volunteered for this as-of-yet-to-be-defined Wizard
          Tournament and he hasn't set a time... but he is under orders to post to the
          group it and let me know so I can get it on the flyer that is handed out in
          the morning of UG8 so that anyone that wants to participate can do so.

          Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games 8 - October 2, 2004
          http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm
        • Richard Spoonts
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
            > Kostas wrote:
            >
            > >For all those playing in the Wizard Tournament. I
            > will be donating
            > >a sealed Wizard Deck (Amigo Version), for the
            > winner.

            Has the time for the Wizard Tournament been set? I
            feel like kicking some Spirit Wizard butt.

            Richard

            Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games 8 - October 2, 2004
            http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
          • pldr
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
              Traditionally, the Wizard tourney starts when Dave B. figures he has
              enough weak opponents in the room, but before any strong players
              arrive.

              Pete

              ----------
              > From: chris_roberts_42 <chrisalmy@...>
              > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [Unity_Games] Re: Unity Games 8: Wizard Tournament III
              > Date: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 5:35 PM
              >
              > Is there a start time for this tournament? Are there any other
              > tournaments at UG8? I don't see anything listed on the website and
              > I'm not "in the loop" like you all seem to be. :)
              >
              > -Chris
              >

              > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani"
              <daveber@g...>
              > wrote:
              > > Kostas wrote:
              > >
              > > >For all those playing in the Wizard Tournament. I will be
              donating
              > > >a sealed Wizard Deck (Amigo Version), for the winner.
              > >
              > > I've been on a winning streak at SSG and look to defend my
              heavily
              > disputed
              > > Wizard championship from UG7. Looking forward to yet another
              > sealed Wizard
              > > deck for my collection!
              > >
              > > --
              > > Dave Bernazzani
              > > Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games 8 - October 2, 2004
              > > http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm

            • Tami
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
                wrote:
                > thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In
                fact, I
                > was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random
                time that
                > didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily
                disputed title ;)

                Well, that, and you took complete advantage of some newbies. :-P

                Tami
              • Mark Edwards
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
                  At 12:02 AM 9/3/2004 +0000, Tami wrote:
                  >--- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani" <daveber@g...>
                  >wrote:
                  > > thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In
                  >fact, I
                  > > was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random
                  >time that
                  > > didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily
                  >disputed title ;)
                  >
                  >Well, that, and you took complete advantage of some newbies. :-P

                  Typical Dave tactics... which reminds me, I'll be available in the
                  teaching area for anyone who wants to learn how to play Ra. I'm also adept
                  at teaching Traumfabrik, ShowManager or Acquire.

                  Mark

                  Unity Games 8 - Gaming in Waltham! - October 2, 2004
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
                    At 12:02 AM 9/3/2004 +0000, Tami wrote:
                    >--- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani" <daveber@g...>
                    >wrote:
                    > > thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In
                    >fact, I
                    > > was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random
                    >time that
                    > > didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily
                    >disputed title ;)
                    >
                    >Well, that, and you took complete advantage of some newbies. :-P

                    Typical Dave tactics... which reminds me, I'll be available in the
                    teaching area for anyone who wants to learn how to play Ra. I'm also adept
                    at teaching Traumfabrik, ShowManager or Acquire.

                    Mark

                    Unity Games 8 - Gaming in Waltham! - October 2, 2004
                    http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm
                  • Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
                      Hello,
                      I was trying to figure out a good time for us wizard fans to play.
                      I figured 12:30PM sounds good. I figure everyone who wants to play
                      should be at the event by the then.
                      If we need we can have the first rounds split to accomidate early
                      risers and late risers. Then have the final later in the day. ANyway
                      If possible please email me off list if you want to join in. This
                      in no way forces you to play. This is more for me to know who to wait
                      for and expect.

                      Peace,
                      Kostas

                      Email: knikolai at yahoo dot com
                    • brosiuse
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
                        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@c...>
                        wrote:

                        > [...]
                        >
                        > Typical Dave tactics... which reminds me, I'll be available in
                        > the teaching area for anyone who wants to learn how to play
                        > Ra. I'm also adept at teaching Traumfabrik, ShowManager or
                        > Acquire.

                        If Mark teaches you Traumfabrik, remember to ask him whether vertrags
                        are worth anything at the end of the game...

                        Eric