Unity Games 8: Wizard Tournament III

  • Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hello ,
      For all those playing in the Wizard Tournament. I will be donating
      a sealed Wizard Deck (Amigo Version), for the winner.

      MIA SSSger,
      Kostas "Dirt Wizard"

      Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games 8 - October 2, 2004
      http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2004
        Kostas wrote:

        >For all those playing in the Wizard Tournament. I will be donating
        >a sealed Wizard Deck (Amigo Version), for the winner.

        I've been on a winning streak at SSG and look to defend my heavily disputed
        Wizard championship from UG7. Looking forward to yet another sealed Wizard
        deck for my collection!

        Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games 8 - October 2, 2004
        http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm
      • chris_roberts_42
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 1, 2004
          Is there a start time for this tournament? Are there any other
          tournaments at UG8? I don't see anything listed on the website and
          I'm not "in the loop" like you all seem to be. :)

          -Chris

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani" <daveber@g...>

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 1, 2004
            > Is there a start time for this tournament? Are there any other
            > tournaments at UG8? I don't see anything listed on the website and
            > I'm not "in the loop" like you all seem to be. :)

            Hi Chris...

            The tournaments at big UG events (at least in the past) are generally very
            informal as most of the day is geared towards open gaming. There are
            usually a few fun activities throughout the day - announced in the flyer
            that is given out at the event. The Wizard tournaments in the past were
            thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In fact, I
            was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random time that
            didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily disputed title ;)

            We do plan on announcing the main scheduled activities the week before as we
            always do. Generally, this includes the Jump Start area (run by Phil Alberg
            and generally runs from the time we open till about noon) and often a team
            game (usually run by Pitt) that takes place in the evening from 7:30 till
            9PM or so. I sometimes get time to update the website, but that's hit or
            miss. In the past we have had other formal tournaments that are announced
            prior to the day with a reminder in the flyer -- Richard ran a Puerto Rico
            (or was it Princes of Florence?!) tournament one year which was well liked.

            Now... Kostas has volunteered for this as-of-yet-to-be-defined Wizard
            Tournament and he hasn't set a time... but he is under orders to post to the
            group it and let me know so I can get it on the flyer that is handed out in
            the morning of UG8 so that anyone that wants to participate can do so.

            Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games 8 - October 2, 2004
            http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm
          • Richard Spoonts
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
              > Kostas wrote:
              >
              > >For all those playing in the Wizard Tournament. I
              > will be donating
              > >a sealed Wizard Deck (Amigo Version), for the
              > winner.

              Has the time for the Wizard Tournament been set? I
              feel like kicking some Spirit Wizard butt.

              Richard

              Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games 8 - October 2, 2004
              http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
            • pldr
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
                Traditionally, the Wizard tourney starts when Dave B. figures he has
                enough weak opponents in the room, but before any strong players
                arrive.

                Pete

                ----------
                > From: chris_roberts_42 <chrisalmy@...>
                > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [Unity_Games] Re: Unity Games 8: Wizard Tournament III
                > Date: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 5:35 PM
                >
                > Is there a start time for this tournament? Are there any other
                > tournaments at UG8? I don't see anything listed on the website and
                > I'm not "in the loop" like you all seem to be. :)
                >
                > -Chris
                >

                > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani"
                <daveber@g...>
                > wrote:
                > > Kostas wrote:
                > >
                > > >For all those playing in the Wizard Tournament. I will be
                donating
                > > >a sealed Wizard Deck (Amigo Version), for the winner.
                > >
                > > I've been on a winning streak at SSG and look to defend my
                heavily
                > disputed
                > > Wizard championship from UG7. Looking forward to yet another
                > sealed Wizard
                > > deck for my collection!
                > >
                > > --
                > > Dave Bernazzani
                > > Eastern MA Gaming, Unity Games 8 - October 2, 2004
                > > http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm

              • Tami
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
                  wrote:
                  > thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In
                  fact, I
                  > was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random
                  time that
                  > didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily
                  disputed title ;)

                  Well, that, and you took complete advantage of some newbies. :-P

                  Tami
                • Mark Edwards
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
                    At 12:02 AM 9/3/2004 +0000, Tami wrote:
                    >--- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani" <daveber@g...>
                    >wrote:
                    > > thrown together mid-morning by a few of us who enjoy the game. In
                    >fact, I
                    > > was accused of starting the UG7 Wizard tournament at a semi-random
                    >time that
                    > > didn't allow everyone to participate and hence the heavily
                    >disputed title ;)
                    >
                    >Well, that, and you took complete advantage of some newbies. :-P

                    Typical Dave tactics... which reminds me, I'll be available in the
                    teaching area for anyone who wants to learn how to play Ra. I'm also adept
                    at teaching Traumfabrik, ShowManager or Acquire.

                    Mark

                    Unity Games 8 - Gaming in Waltham! - October 2, 2004
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
                        Hello,
                        I was trying to figure out a good time for us wizard fans to play.
                        I figured 12:30PM sounds good. I figure everyone who wants to play
                        should be at the event by the then.
                        If we need we can have the first rounds split to accomidate early
                        risers and late risers. Then have the final later in the day. ANyway
                        If possible please email me off list if you want to join in. This
                        in no way forces you to play. This is more for me to know who to wait
                        for and expect.

                        Peace,
                        Kostas

                        Email: knikolai at yahoo dot com
                      • brosiuse
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
                          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@c...>
                          wrote:

                          > [...]
                          >
                          > Typical Dave tactics... which reminds me, I'll be available in
                          > the teaching area for anyone who wants to learn how to play
                          > Ra. I'm also adept at teaching Traumfabrik, ShowManager or
                          > Acquire.

                          If Mark teaches you Traumfabrik, remember to ask him whether vertrags
                          are worth anything at the end of the game...

                          Eric