Sparse session report: Bridgewater/Scholars

  • Mason Loring Bliss
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
      Hey, all. This will be very brief - I didn't manage to get everyone's names,
      nor take notes about individual games.

      There were many players:

      Al, Jason, Jason (another one), Tina, me, Christopher, Brittany (spelled?),
      Mark, Adam, Gilbert, Nick, Kermit (Chris), Jim. There was also a swarm of
      people that came in for a big Werewolf game, most of whose names I didn't
      get.

      There were several games played:

      Runebound, Werewolf, Ra, Goa, Pirates' Cove, Go, Chez Geek, Ticket to Ride,
      Carcasonne, and potentially others I didn't notice.

      Runebound was, as expected, a bit more fun with fewer people playing. We
      had enough people show up so that there were never less than two or three
      games going at a time.

      This Friday I will have two Go sets with me, as several people have taken
      a shine to the game. (I'd be willing to meet on days other than Friday for
      Go playing at Scholars, should there be interest in that.)

      --
      Mason Loring Bliss mason@... They also surf who
      awake ? sleep : dream; https://bliss.dyndns.org only stand on waves.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
        On Aug 31, 2004, at 2:04 PM, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

        > Hey, all. This will be very brief - I didn't manage to get everyone's
        > names,
        > nor take notes about individual games.
        >
        > There were many players:

        It's great to see Bridgewater come back to life - hope we see many of
        the players at UG 8, just a few weeks away!

        Walter H. Hunt
        hotc@...
        http://www.walterhunt.com/

      • Eric Shultz
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
          > This Friday I will have two Go sets with me, as
          > several people have taken
          > a shine to the game. (I'd be willing to meet on days
          > other than Friday for
          > Go playing at Scholars, should there be interest in
          > that.)

          I won't be making it to Bridgewater any time soon, but
          I saw someone brought Go to the last UG and I'd love
          to play the game on a real board. I've only ever
          really played online. I'm somewhere in the vicinity of
          14-16 Kyu, I think. I play via email, rather than one
          of the internet servers, so I don't have any real kind
          of ranking there.

          So, if you or someone else is going to UG8 and is
          willing, please bring your board(s) there.

          Eric

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail