Report: Bridgewater

  • Mason Loring Bliss
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2004
      Just a quick report on last Friday's Unity session...

      Attendees:

      Me, Mark, Gilbert, Al, Adam, Jason, Nick, Tina, Dan. (Tina and Dan observed,
      and will likely participate in future sessions)

      Games played:

      Runebound, Samurai, Puerto Rico

      Runebound:

      All but Nick played -- Nick observed.

      Mark won, after a grueling four and a half hours. None of us had played
      it before, so this span included learning the rules. Also, we played with
      six people, which is probably more than is reasonable, especially for a
      first game. The game itself was great, but I'd recommend no more than
      three or four (at most!) for your first game. Individual turns took too
      long for six players to be reasonable. Plus, there were enough of us packed
      around the large board that stuff happening on the other side of the board
      was difficult to see. I'm excited about the prospect of playing this game
      again, but with fewer players.

      Samurai:

      I don't remember who won this, but the game looked interesting. Al, Nick,
      and Gilbert played it concurrently with Runebound. With six players in
      Runebound, they had time to do this. <cough>

      Puerto Rico:

      Mark, Gilbert, Nick, Al, and I played this. It was a fun game. I tried to
      monopolize coffee and use (I believe) the Factory to good effect, but Nick
      ended up prevailing in the end with his large buildings.

      We didn't expect so many people to arrive, which is why we all sort of
      packed into the one giant Runebound game at the beginning. We will plan
      for multiple smaller games for tomorrow. Also for tomorrow, I'll have at
      least one Go set with me, as there was interest in playing that. I'll send
      an announcement tomorrow, anyway.

      --
      Mason Loring Bliss mason@... https://bliss.dyndns.org/
      "I am a brother of jackals, and a companion of ostriches." (Job 30 : 29)