Re: [Unity_Games] Ra - rethemed?

  • Joe Hartley
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004
      On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 15:16:48 -0400
      Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@...> wrote:
      > Joe, Joe, Joe.... that's so eighties. Actually I've got both Wizard
      > and Melee(?) and I'm awfully curious about them. I like tactical games and
      > from what I've read these would be right up that alley.

      I played these when I was in high school, and a couple of years later
      when I played DnD for the first time, I was underwhelmed. Melee and
      Wizard gave a boardgame feel to roleplaying. The various encounters
      were played out on a map with markers and an elegant ruleset, and used
      3 six-sided dice.

      There were a series of microquests that came out, and the best of these
      was GrailQuest, an Aurthurian adventure. Much more that a pure dungeon
      crawl, this was a true RPG scenario.

      I still have a soft spot in my heart for the entire Metagaming line.
      In a fit of obsessiveness, I ended up acquiring the entire set of games
      they put out (even the dogs!). One of these days I'll finish playing
      them all!

      Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@...
    • Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2004
        Hello,
        We will be using the Eric Shultz Scoring System for Wizard at SSG.

        Five Player Games
        1st = 7
        2nd = 5
        3rd = 3