Ra - rethemed?

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004
      At 04:41 PM 7/2/2004 +0000, Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis wrote:
      >Was wondering if fellow SSGers would want to start a ranking system
      >for Wizard.

      Forget that stupid Wizard crap and tell us about your ideas on
      retheming Ra?

      Check out Kostas' ideas over on:
      http://www.gamefest.com/news/blog_detail/1093_0_18_0_C/

      I like the greek idea, but I think Jeremy is looking for more of a
      drastic change. I think he's looking for something very mainstream to try
      to hook the masses.

      Mark

      "Ankh" if you love Jenny Agutter.
      Philip Tallon
    • Joe Hartley
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004
        On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:51:31 -0400
        Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@...> wrote:

        > At 04:41 PM 7/2/2004 +0000, Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis wrote:
        > >Was wondering if fellow SSGers would want to start a ranking system
        > >for Wizard.
        >
        > Forget that stupid Wizard crap and tell us about your ideas on
        > retheming Ra?

        Why are you guys so down on Wizard? It was one of Metagaming's best
        micros ever! ( http://http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3463 or
        http://tft.brainiac.com )

        (And yes, I know it's a different Wizard, but dammit, there's only one
        as far as I'm concerned!)

        Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@...
      • Mark Edwards
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004
          At 03:10 PM 7/2/2004 -0400, Joe Hartley wrote:
          >Why are you guys so down on Wizard? It was one of Metagaming's best
          >micros ever! ( http://http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3463 or
          >http://tft.brainiac.com )
          >
          >(And yes, I know it's a different Wizard, but dammit, there's only one
          >as far as I'm concerned!)

          Joe, Joe, Joe.... that's so eighties. Actually I've got both Wizard
          and Melee(?) and I'm awfully curious about them. I like tactical games and
          from what I've read these would be right up that alley.

          Mark

          "Ankh" if you love Jenny Agutter.
          Philip Tallon
        • chris_roberts_42
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004
            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@c...>
            wrote:

            > Forget that stupid Wizard crap and tell us about your ideas on
            > retheming Ra?

            If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just my opinion. :-\

            > "Ankh" if you love Jenny Agutter.

            Ankh!
          • Joe Hartley
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004
              On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 15:16:48 -0400
              Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@...> wrote:
              > Joe, Joe, Joe.... that's so eighties. Actually I've got both Wizard
              > and Melee(?) and I'm awfully curious about them. I like tactical games and
              > from what I've read these would be right up that alley.

              I played these when I was in high school, and a couple of years later
              when I played DnD for the first time, I was underwhelmed. Melee and
              Wizard gave a boardgame feel to roleplaying. The various encounters
              were played out on a map with markers and an elegant ruleset, and used
              3 six-sided dice.

              There were a series of microquests that came out, and the best of these
              was GrailQuest, an Aurthurian adventure. Much more that a pure dungeon
              crawl, this was a true RPG scenario.

              I still have a soft spot in my heart for the entire Metagaming line.
              In a fit of obsessiveness, I ended up acquiring the entire set of games
              they put out (even the dogs!). One of these days I'll finish playing
              them all!

              Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@...
            • Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 5, 2004
                Hello,
                We will be using the Eric Shultz Scoring System for Wizard at SSG.

                Five Player Games
                1st = 7
                2nd = 5
                3rd = 3