SSG: Wizard Rankings

  • Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004
      Was wondering if fellow SSGers would want to start a ranking system
      for Wizard.

      Rules:
      Standard Wizard Ranking rules

      Example:
      In a Five Player Game
      Winner: 5 points
      2nd place: 4 points
      3rd place: 3 points

      Just wondering.

      Kostas
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004
        At 04:41 PM 7/2/2004 +0000, Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis wrote:
        >Was wondering if fellow SSGers would want to start a ranking system
        >for Wizard.

        Forget that stupid Wizard crap and tell us about your ideas on
        retheming Ra?

        Check out Kostas' ideas over on:
        http://www.gamefest.com/news/blog_detail/1093_0_18_0_C/

        I like the greek idea, but I think Jeremy is looking for more of a
        drastic change. I think he's looking for something very mainstream to try
        to hook the masses.

        Mark

        "Ankh" if you love Jenny Agutter.
        Philip Tallon
      • Joe Hartley
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004
          On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:51:31 -0400
          Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@...> wrote:

          > At 04:41 PM 7/2/2004 +0000, Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis wrote:
          > >Was wondering if fellow SSGers would want to start a ranking system
          > >for Wizard.
          >
          > Forget that stupid Wizard crap and tell us about your ideas on
          > retheming Ra?

          Why are you guys so down on Wizard? It was one of Metagaming's best
          micros ever! ( http://http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3463 or
          http://tft.brainiac.com )

          (And yes, I know it's a different Wizard, but dammit, there's only one
          as far as I'm concerned!)

          Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@...
        • Mark Edwards
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004
            At 03:10 PM 7/2/2004 -0400, Joe Hartley wrote:
            >Why are you guys so down on Wizard? It was one of Metagaming's best
            >micros ever! ( http://http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3463 or
            >http://tft.brainiac.com )
            >
            >(And yes, I know it's a different Wizard, but dammit, there's only one
            >as far as I'm concerned!)

            Joe, Joe, Joe.... that's so eighties. Actually I've got both Wizard
            and Melee(?) and I'm awfully curious about them. I like tactical games and
            from what I've read these would be right up that alley.

            Mark

            "Ankh" if you love Jenny Agutter.
            Philip Tallon
          • chris_roberts_42
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004
              --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@c...>
              wrote:

              > Forget that stupid Wizard crap and tell us about your ideas on
              > retheming Ra?

              If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just my opinion. :-\

              > "Ankh" if you love Jenny Agutter.

              Ankh!
            • Joe Hartley
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004
                On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 15:16:48 -0400
                Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@...> wrote:
                > Joe, Joe, Joe.... that's so eighties. Actually I've got both Wizard
                > and Melee(?) and I'm awfully curious about them. I like tactical games and
                > from what I've read these would be right up that alley.

                I played these when I was in high school, and a couple of years later
                when I played DnD for the first time, I was underwhelmed. Melee and
                Wizard gave a boardgame feel to roleplaying. The various encounters
                were played out on a map with markers and an elegant ruleset, and used
                3 six-sided dice.

                There were a series of microquests that came out, and the best of these
                was GrailQuest, an Aurthurian adventure. Much more that a pure dungeon
                crawl, this was a true RPG scenario.

                I still have a soft spot in my heart for the entire Metagaming line.
                In a fit of obsessiveness, I ended up acquiring the entire set of games
                they put out (even the dogs!). One of these days I'll finish playing
                them all!

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 5, 2004
                  Hello,
                  We will be using the Eric Shultz Scoring System for Wizard at SSG.

                  Five Player Games
                  1st = 7
                  2nd = 5
                  3rd = 3