Re: [Unity_Games] Best reviewers for board games?

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
      At 07:11 PM 6/2/2004 +0000, Chad wrote:

      >One of the things we want to do with our new games is try to get
      >them reviewed by people with good standing in the gaming community.
      >Who are the reviewers you listen to the most?

      Here's a few names you might want to get in touch with. These folks
      are respected and well known for their reviews in the board gaming community.
      Greg Schloesser (http://www.westbankgamers.com)
      Tom Vasel (I don't think he has a web site, but you can find his
      reviews on all the gaming related email lists, including this one)
      Rick Thornquist (http://www.gamefest.com/news/)
      Mik Svellov (http://www.brettboard.dk/)

      And there are probably others that I've forgotten about at the moment.

      As you can see there's a large and thriving board gaming community
      right in the area so feel free to call on us as a resource. There are
      groups all over the area (the YMG in North Providence is a couple of miles
      away from where I grew up) that would be happy to review, beta test, etc.

      And free up your calendar for Unity Games 8! It's a great way to
      network and get a pulse on the board gaming community here in eastern MA.

      Mark

      "Ankh" if you love Jenny Agutter.
      Philip Tallon
    • Matthew Horn
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
        Sorry! I got the posts out of order.

        Reviewers in good standing... Greg Schloesser is the only other person that
        springs to mind after Vasel for sheer quality and quantity of reviews... I'm
        not sure if Rick Thornquist does much reviewing anymore since he's very busy
        reporting for Gamefest/Gamewire (you might want to add them to your press
        release list). Remember that Vasel is in Korea so getting a game to him will
        be at considerable expense if you want it there fast.

        hth,

        matt