Re: [Unity_Games] Best reviewers for board games?

  • J C Lawrence
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
      On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:11:07 -0000
      Chad <teek_tqk@...> wrote:

      > Hi All, One of the things we want to do with our new games is try to
      > get them reviewed by people with good standing in the gaming
      > community. Who are the reviewers you listen to the most?

      A good subset to start with are (in no particular order):

      Greg Schloesser
      Mik Svellov
      Shannon Appelcline
      Tom Vasel

      See Boardgamegeek, Spielfrieks, and rpg.net (which Shannon has been
      stuffing with more German game reviews) for instances of their past
      reviews. Also, make sure to get your game and company listed on
      GoneCardboard over at GameFest (Rick Thornquist).

      --
      J C Lawrence
      claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
        At 07:11 PM 6/2/2004 +0000, Chad wrote:

        >One of the things we want to do with our new games is try to get
        >them reviewed by people with good standing in the gaming community.
        >Who are the reviewers you listen to the most?

        Here's a few names you might want to get in touch with. These folks
        are respected and well known for their reviews in the board gaming community.
        Greg Schloesser (http://www.westbankgamers.com)
        Tom Vasel (I don't think he has a web site, but you can find his
        reviews on all the gaming related email lists, including this one)
        Rick Thornquist (http://www.gamefest.com/news/)
        Mik Svellov (http://www.brettboard.dk/)

        And there are probably others that I've forgotten about at the moment.

        As you can see there's a large and thriving board gaming community
        right in the area so feel free to call on us as a resource. There are
        groups all over the area (the YMG in North Providence is a couple of miles
        away from where I grew up) that would be happy to review, beta test, etc.

        And free up your calendar for Unity Games 8! It's a great way to
        network and get a pulse on the board gaming community here in eastern MA.

        Mark

        "Ankh" if you love Jenny Agutter.
        Philip Tallon
      • Matthew Horn
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
          Sorry! I got the posts out of order.

          Reviewers in good standing... Greg Schloesser is the only other person that
          springs to mind after Vasel for sheer quality and quantity of reviews... I'm
          not sure if Rick Thornquist does much reviewing anymore since he's very busy
          reporting for Gamefest/Gamewire (you might want to add them to your press
          release list). Remember that Vasel is in Korea so getting a game to him will
          be at considerable expense if you want it there fast.

          hth,

          matt