Re: Hello from a new member

  • Chad
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
      Thanks John!

      I did know about boardgamesgeek, but I'll definitely add Tom
      specifically to our list. I'll also be sure to check out Unity
      Games 8.

      Right now I'm "commuting" between Jamaica Plain (just outside
      Boston) and Longueuil (just outside Montreal!) because my wife is
      having visa problems. :( That makes it hard to game as much as I'd
      like. But we should definitely be back in the US full-time by
      October! :)

      Best,
      Chad

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "John P. Cataldo"
      <cataldoj@c...> wrote:

      > (I'm sure everyone joins me in a big)
      >
      > HI CHAD!
      >
      > I, for one, would like to welcome our new gamer overlords.
      >
      > Regarding your next question (from next email):
      >
      > Send Tom Vasel a copy. He's a game review MACHINE, and certainly
      writes
      > excellent reviews here and one boardgamegeek.com (which if you
      DON'T know
      > about, you should definitely visit).
      >
      > Also, you should plan on attending Unity Games 8, on October 2,
      2004
      > (Waltham still, I believe). See also: http://www.unitygames.org/
      >
      > Best of luck with your new line of games / company! =)
    • Tami
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Dave Bernazzani <daveber@g...>
        wrote:
        > "John P. Cataldo" <cataldoj@c...> wrote:
        >
        > >Also, you should plan on attending Unity
        > >Games 8, on October 2, 2004
        > >(Waltham still, I believe).
        > >See also: http://www.unitygames.org/
        >
        > Yes! Quite right, John... I'm getting ready to "gear up" for the
        > UG8 push later this month. It's never too early to sign up
        > (we've got a few fooli...er hardy gamers already signed up for
        > the big day). It's always fun - and a great way for the local
        > boardgame community to come out in force and spend the day gaming
        > away.

        The only problem with it is that these events happen just 2x per
        year... and at unbalanced times... October and February... We really
        need one in June, just to make it more balanced.

        Tami
        -nope, not dropping hints today...
      • Kornfeld, Lewis A
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
          Yes I could use one last Unity Games in June before I move to Texas. There
          is a great game store in Dallas called the Game Chest, but the gamers don't
          seem to be very organized.

          > >Also, you should plan on attending Unity
          > >Games 8, on October 2, 2004
          > >(Waltham still, I believe).
          > >See also: http://www.unitygames.org/
          >
          > Yes! Quite right, John... I'm getting ready to "gear up" for the
          > UG8 push later this month. It's never too early to sign up
          > (we've got a few fooli...er hardy gamers already signed up for
          > the big day). It's always fun - and a great way for the local
          > boardgame community to come out in force and spend the day gaming
          > away.

          The only problem with it is that these events happen just 2x per
          year... and at unbalanced times... October and February... We really
          need one in June, just to make it more balanced.

          Tami
          -nope, not dropping hints today...

          Yahoo! Groups Links