Re: [Unity_Games] Hello from a new member

  • John P. Cataldo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
      (I'm sure everyone joins me in a big)

      HI CHAD!

      I, for one, would like to welcome our new gamer overlords.

      Regarding your next question (from next email):

      Send Tom Vasel a copy. He's a game review MACHINE, and certainly writes
      excellent reviews here and one boardgamegeek.com (which if you DON'T know
      about, you should definitely visit).

      Also, you should plan on attending Unity Games 8, on October 2, 2004
      (Waltham still, I believe). See also: http://www.unitygames.org/

      Best of luck with your new line of games / company! =)

      -John Cataldo

      On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Chad wrote:

      ] Hi Everyone,
      ]
      ] My name is Chad, and I'm a gamer.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
        "John P. Cataldo" <cataldoj@...> wrote:

        >Also, you should plan on attending Unity
        >Games 8, on October 2, 2004
        >(Waltham still, I believe).
        >See also: http://www.unitygames.org/

        Yes! Quite right, John... I'm getting ready to "gear up" for the
        UG8 push later this month. It's never too early to sign up
        (we've got a few fooli...er hardy gamers already signed up for
        the big day). It's always fun - and a great way for the local
        boardgame community to come out in force and spend the day gaming
        away.

        Wanted: Old video games-Atari, Colecovision, NES, SNES, Genesis
        daveber@... (remove NOSPAM to use)
      • Chad
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
          Thanks John!

          I did know about boardgamesgeek, but I'll definitely add Tom
          specifically to our list. I'll also be sure to check out Unity
          Games 8.

          Right now I'm "commuting" between Jamaica Plain (just outside
          Boston) and Longueuil (just outside Montreal!) because my wife is
          having visa problems. :( That makes it hard to game as much as I'd
          like. But we should definitely be back in the US full-time by
          October! :)

          Best,
          Chad

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "John P. Cataldo"
          <cataldoj@c...> wrote:

          > (I'm sure everyone joins me in a big)
          >
          > HI CHAD!
          >
          > I, for one, would like to welcome our new gamer overlords.
          >
          > Regarding your next question (from next email):
          >
          > Send Tom Vasel a copy. He's a game review MACHINE, and certainly
          writes
          > excellent reviews here and one boardgamegeek.com (which if you
          DON'T know
          > about, you should definitely visit).
          >
          > Also, you should plan on attending Unity Games 8, on October 2,
          2004
          > (Waltham still, I believe). See also: http://www.unitygames.org/
          >
          > Best of luck with your new line of games / company! =)
        • Tami
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Dave Bernazzani <daveber@g...>
            wrote:
            > "John P. Cataldo" <cataldoj@c...> wrote:
            >
            > >Also, you should plan on attending Unity
            > >Games 8, on October 2, 2004
            > >(Waltham still, I believe).
            > >See also: http://www.unitygames.org/
            >
            > Yes! Quite right, John... I'm getting ready to "gear up" for the
            > UG8 push later this month. It's never too early to sign up
            > (we've got a few fooli...er hardy gamers already signed up for
            > the big day). It's always fun - and a great way for the local
            > boardgame community to come out in force and spend the day gaming
            > away.

            The only problem with it is that these events happen just 2x per
            year... and at unbalanced times... October and February... We really
            need one in June, just to make it more balanced.

            Tami
            -nope, not dropping hints today...
          • Kornfeld, Lewis A
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
              Yes I could use one last Unity Games in June before I move to Texas. There
              is a great game store in Dallas called the Game Chest, but the gamers don't
              seem to be very organized.

              > >Also, you should plan on attending Unity
              > >Games 8, on October 2, 2004
              > >(Waltham still, I believe).
              > >See also: http://www.unitygames.org/
              >
              > Yes! Quite right, John... I'm getting ready to "gear up" for the
              > UG8 push later this month. It's never too early to sign up
              > (we've got a few fooli...er hardy gamers already signed up for
              > the big day). It's always fun - and a great way for the local
              > boardgame community to come out in force and spend the day gaming
              > away.

              The only problem with it is that these events happen just 2x per
              year... and at unbalanced times... October and February... We really
              need one in June, just to make it more balanced.

              Tami
              -nope, not dropping hints today...

              Yahoo! Groups Links