Hello from a new member

  • Chad
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
      Hi Everyone,

      My name is Chad, and I'm a gamer.

      I started with Bridge and Chess when I was six, and have played
      games whenever I could for the following thirty years. Although I
      got pretty heavily into the dark side of Magic: the Gathering, I've
      always been into board games whenever possible.

      This year a friend of mine (who owns two gaming stores in MA and RI
      under the name Your Move Games) and I decided to take the plunge and
      start our own company producing games. Very scary and very
      exciting. Our first game is a German-style strategy game and will
      be launching this August at GenCon. We just approved the mock-ups
      to be sent to the printers and (in our totally unbiased opinion)
      it's gorgeous. Of course, it probably helped that Phil and Kaja
      Foglio did the art and graphic design!

      I found this site when surfing for information about the gaming
      market and couldn't believe I didn't know about it ages ago. Too
      much information out there! :)

      All the best,
      Chad Ellis
    • John P. Cataldo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
        (I'm sure everyone joins me in a big)

        HI CHAD!

        I, for one, would like to welcome our new gamer overlords.

        Regarding your next question (from next email):

        Send Tom Vasel a copy. He's a game review MACHINE, and certainly writes
        excellent reviews here and one boardgamegeek.com (which if you DON'T know
        about, you should definitely visit).

        Also, you should plan on attending Unity Games 8, on October 2, 2004
        (Waltham still, I believe). See also: http://www.unitygames.org/

        Best of luck with your new line of games / company! =)

        -John Cataldo

        On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Chad wrote:

        ] Hi Everyone,
        ]
        ] My name is Chad, and I'm a gamer.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
          "John P. Cataldo" <cataldoj@...> wrote:

          >Also, you should plan on attending Unity
          >Games 8, on October 2, 2004
          >(Waltham still, I believe).
          >See also: http://www.unitygames.org/

          Yes! Quite right, John... I'm getting ready to "gear up" for the
          UG8 push later this month. It's never too early to sign up
          (we've got a few fooli...er hardy gamers already signed up for
          the big day). It's always fun - and a great way for the local
          boardgame community to come out in force and spend the day gaming
          away.

          Wanted: Old video games-Atari, Colecovision, NES, SNES, Genesis
          daveber@... (remove NOSPAM to use)
        • Chad
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
            Thanks John!

            I did know about boardgamesgeek, but I'll definitely add Tom
            specifically to our list. I'll also be sure to check out Unity
            Games 8.

            Right now I'm "commuting" between Jamaica Plain (just outside
            Boston) and Longueuil (just outside Montreal!) because my wife is
            having visa problems. :( That makes it hard to game as much as I'd
            like. But we should definitely be back in the US full-time by
            October! :)

            Best,
            Chad

            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "John P. Cataldo"
            <cataldoj@c...> wrote:

            > (I'm sure everyone joins me in a big)
            >
            > HI CHAD!
            >
            > I, for one, would like to welcome our new gamer overlords.
            >
            > Regarding your next question (from next email):
            >
            > Send Tom Vasel a copy. He's a game review MACHINE, and certainly
            writes
            > excellent reviews here and one boardgamegeek.com (which if you
            DON'T know
            > about, you should definitely visit).
            >
            > Also, you should plan on attending Unity Games 8, on October 2,
            2004
            > (Waltham still, I believe). See also: http://www.unitygames.org/
            >
            > Best of luck with your new line of games / company! =)
          • Tami
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
              --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Dave Bernazzani <daveber@g...>
              wrote:
              > "John P. Cataldo" <cataldoj@c...> wrote:
              >
              > >Also, you should plan on attending Unity
              > >Games 8, on October 2, 2004
              > >(Waltham still, I believe).
              > >See also: http://www.unitygames.org/
              >
              > Yes! Quite right, John... I'm getting ready to "gear up" for the
              > UG8 push later this month. It's never too early to sign up
              > (we've got a few fooli...er hardy gamers already signed up for
              > the big day). It's always fun - and a great way for the local
              > boardgame community to come out in force and spend the day gaming
              > away.

              The only problem with it is that these events happen just 2x per
              year... and at unbalanced times... October and February... We really
              need one in June, just to make it more balanced.

              Tami
              -nope, not dropping hints today...
            • Kornfeld, Lewis A
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
                Yes I could use one last Unity Games in June before I move to Texas. There
                is a great game store in Dallas called the Game Chest, but the gamers don't
                seem to be very organized.

                > >Also, you should plan on attending Unity
                > >Games 8, on October 2, 2004
                > >(Waltham still, I believe).
                > >See also: http://www.unitygames.org/
                >
                > Yes! Quite right, John... I'm getting ready to "gear up" for the
                > UG8 push later this month. It's never too early to sign up
                > (we've got a few fooli...er hardy gamers already signed up for
                > the big day). It's always fun - and a great way for the local
                > boardgame community to come out in force and spend the day gaming
                > away.

                The only problem with it is that these events happen just 2x per
                year... and at unbalanced times... October and February... We really
                need one in June, just to make it more balanced.

                Tami
                -nope, not dropping hints today...

                Yahoo! Groups Links