Re: SR: GSG 5/19 - Serenissima, Princes of the Renaissance, Foppen, Die Fugger

  • Phil Alberg
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20 10:22 AM
      --- DangerMouse wrote:

      > I haven't written one of these in quite a while so I figured I'd
      put one
      > out to let folks know we're alive and well down here in the south.

      Thanks for writing the SR, Mark. For those keeping track of time,
      our group played four games (Princes of Renaissance, Die Fugger x2,
      and Foppen) in less time than it did the other group to play
      Serenissima. Not that there's anything wrong with that -- it's just
      a data point.

      :
      : <SNIP>
      :

      > Just a couple of notes from last week:
      >
      > Ticket to Ride: Went over well, even the recently back from the
      dead Dan
      > liked it. In fact he liked it so much he went out and bought
      Larry's last
      > copy at the Game Keeper. For some reason this game just doesn't do
      much
      > for me.

      We played on the Lyon map, which contains many more choke points than
      does the US map. It certainly provides a nice change of pace. I
      really like this game, but seem to be stuck in the same stategic rut
      of never taking additional tickets. I need to play this more...

      > Other stuff:
      >
      > We toured at James' place at the beginning of the month. I'm not
      sure what
      > was played because I wasn't there, anybody care to report?

      I will! Brian, James, Mike, and Ben played three games (Attika,
      Einfach Genial, and ???), and Ben won all three games. Eric-4, Bob,
      Tami and Phil started Stichlen, but suspended this when Bruce and
      Penny arrived. We introduced them to I'm the Boss, and Bruce wound
      up kicking our butts! They had to leave, and Berna soon arrived, so
      we resumed our game of Stichlen with five players (Berna won). I
      remember having several hands with lots of high cards, and being
      relieved that I didn't take as many painful tricks as I thought I'd
      take. This was my first time playing, and I look forward to playing
      again. Lastly we played Schwarzarbeit, the Friese/Meyer?
      collaboration about moonlighting game designers. It's pretty much a
      crapshoot during the early going, and as it progresses it rewards
      those who can remember each players' accused cards. I forget who
      won -- it might've been Tami. This was a first-time playing session
      for all of us. I'd play again, but it didn't really tickle any
      gaming needs. Maybe if I was more awake...

      - Phil