AirCon -- April 30-May 2, 2004

  • J C Lawrence
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2004
      Don't think this has been mentioned here:

      http://www.ctgameclub.org/aircon.html

      --<cut>--
      AirCon 2004

      What: AirCon 2004 is a multi-genre game convention presented by the
      Connecticut Game Club.

      Where: It will be at the Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Club, East Hartford,
      Connecticut. click here for directions to hotel and venue

      When: April 30-May 2, 2004

      Events You Will Enjoy at AirCon 2004 include but not limited to:

      Pic-N-Paint Seminar: kids, learn how to paint like a pro and bring
      home your very own Dragon Rune miniature, sponsored bythe Tin
      Dictator.

      Boardgames: A growing list of games including, (Mark McLaughlin will
      run his "Napoleonic Wars" on a *big* board, Amun Re, Settlers of
      Catan, Puerto Rico, Carcassonne, Axis & Allies, Carabande, Alfred
      Leonardi's unique "Roman Game", the brand-new Sportsclix game from
      WizKids, Wings (from Yaquinto Games), World At War and a "family
      classics" track like Monopoly etc....

      Classic Card Games: Cribbage, Spades, Hearts and a poker tournament

      Collectable Card Games: Magic: The Gathering and Galactic Empires

      Chess Tournament: a chess tournament (perhaps with the final on the
      Red Sox-Yankees chess set!)

      Kids: There is also a children's gaming track for kids age 6-14.

      Miniatures: We have firm commitments for miniatures including multiple
      games by Leo Walsh of TCS (High Noon), a French & Indian Wars skirmish
      by Dick Bryant, an American Civil War game by Phil Spera, Marty
      Fenelon's new miniatures rules (Luftwaffe 1946 and a Korean War game),
      Samurai Skirmish by John Covello, Warrior and DBA miniature
      tournaments and a American War of Independence battle fought in
      Connecticut hosted by Tom Cusa

      RPG and LARP: several tables of D&D games, a demonstration by the SCA
      and Charge (d20) by LIONE, plus boffer weapons demos by LIONE.

      Demos: We expect demo teams from Steve Jackson Games, Gibby Games
      (Epicus), Smirk & Dagger Games (HexHex), demo games from RioGrande
      Games and Games Workshop, learn to play DBA miniatures (before
      tournament on Friday) and others.

      Tournaments: There will also be tournaments for Warrior Ancient
      Miniatures (Saturday), DBA miniatures (Friday night), Games Workshop,
      WizKids, Magic:The Gathering Type I tournament on (Sunday) and "Lost
      Worlds"...
      --<cut>--

      --
      J C Lawrence
      claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2004
        Is anyone from the Providence area going to AirCon?
        I'd love to go, but have no transportation...

        --- J C Lawrence <claw@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > Samurai Skirmish by John Covello, Warrior and DBA
        > miniature
        > tournaments and a American War of Independence
        > battle fought in
        > Connecticut hosted by Tom Cusa
        >
        > RPG and LARP: several tables of D&D games, a
        > demonstration by the SCA
        > and Charge (d20) by LIONE, plus boffer weapons
        > demos by LIONE.
        >
        > Demos: We expect demo teams from Steve Jackson
        > Games, Gibby Games
        > (Epicus), Smirk & Dagger Games (HexHex), demo
        > games from RioGrande
        > Games and Games Workshop, learn to play DBA
        > miniatures (before
        > tournament on Friday) and others.
        >
        > Tournaments: There will also be tournaments for
        > Warrior Ancient
        > Miniatures (Saturday), DBA miniatures (Friday
        > night), Games Workshop,
        > WizKids, Magic:The Gathering Type I tournament on

        =====
        ...All the busy little creatures
        Chasing out their destinies
        Living in the pools,