Re: What Saw Table Time In Q1

  • W. Eric Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
      Craig Massey wrote:
      > And there are several that were played for the first time that I want
      > to explore more. Alexandros is one of those that needs more
      > exploring, but the game really hurts my head. In my one playing of
      > it, I had the hardest time seeing the board and trying to come up
      > with a reasonable move. I can't often be accused of slow play and
      > over analyzing, but this game just killed me. If this happens during
      > the second play, I'll have to avoid it because I was really
      > irritating myself.

      Our group botched the first playing because I confused several rules.
      The second attempt went much better, although one player called it "an
      exercise in frustration." I really admire the gameplay, though, and
      although choices on moving Alexander are sometimes limited, you can
      usually set up the board and cards to your advantage.

      So far I enjoy Alexandros even more than Clans and Cartagena, both of
      which I'd play at any time. Hope your second play goes smoother....

      Eric-4

      --
      W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net