Re: Fun time at MIT Strag Game Meeting and looking for gamers

  • barbhemian
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2004
      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "fjmcnally" <fjmcnally@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > Had a fun time at the Friday night MIT game meeting. Two groups of
      > threee played Puerto Rico and Kardinal and Konig while three more
      > played a a World at War.
      >
      > I am looking for folks at MIT or elsewhere New England for some
      folks
      > interested in multiplayer longer heavier titles (some one sitting,
      > some menat to be played over multiple sessions).
      >
      > Some titles of interest are (expected session type)-
      > Republic of Rome (one day, or more for extended game)
      > Successors (one day)
      > Pax Britanica (multisession)
      > Empires at Arms (multisession)
      > Dune (one day)
      > Diplomacy (one day?)
      >
      > I am also up for learning some of the two or more player ww2 titles.
      >
      > Drop me an email to set up a redezvous at MIT or elsewhere
      > (fjmcnally@y...).
      >
      > Frank McNally

      Hi Fellow Gamers:

      I also participated in the MIT Friday night session. I am returning
      to gaming after a long hiatus, and realise I have so many new games
      to learn. However, although the new games are definitely
      interesting, there is a delight in playing the occasional marathon
      older style game that I know well. I would be definitely interested
      in a weekend gamathon (or multi-evening w/game adjournments),
      featuring some of these older games. I own a bunch of the old AH hex-
      based wargames, Diplomacy, Cosmic Encounter, Titan, Kingmaker, Axis
      and Allies, Fortress America, to name some.

      I would welcome an invite if such a gathering is being planned!

      Yours,
      BarbHemian