Re: [Unity_Games] Re: [SR] GSG 03/02

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2004
      At 01:50 PM 3/5/2004 +0000, Bill Romaniecki wrote:
      >Haunting House- Vitas, Dave, Mike, Bill.
      >Gracious as we are to new comers we asked Vitas to select a game. He
      >selected Haunting House. After a few minutes, we recognized the game
      >as the type of game that we affectionately refer to as a "Bruce
      >Game". We also realized that due to the complete randomness of the
      >game that it could go on unitl the end of time. Accordingly, we did
      >all we cuold to help someone escape and end the game. I think Dave
      >won. I started a log of games played this year. I will not
      >compromise the integrity of that list by adding Haunting House to
      >it.

      Is this that DTP game that's got the same mechanics as the old AH game
      Atlantic Storm? If so, Dave's got a copy, and we've played it a couple of
      times now. It's not bad, not great, but decent enough. The theme is good
      and the card play fun. If anything there's not enough interaction between
      the various cards. I don't remember the game dragging for us, but I could
      be misremembering.

      Mark
    • Bill Romaniecki
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2004
        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@c...>
        wrote:
        > At 01:50 PM 3/5/2004 +0000, Bill Romaniecki wrote:
        > >Haunting House- Vitas, Dave, Mike, Bill.
        > >Gracious as we are to new comers we asked Vitas to select a game.
        He
        > >selected Haunting House. After a few minutes, we recognized the
        game
        > >as the type of game that we affectionately refer to as a "Bruce
        > >Game". We also realized that due to the complete randomness of the
        > >game that it could go on unitl the end of time. Accordingly, we
        did
        > >all we cuold to help someone escape and end the game. I think Dave
        > >won. I started a log of games played this year. I will not
        > >compromise the integrity of that list by adding Haunting House to
        > >it.
        >
        > Is this that DTP game that's got the same mechanics as the old
        AH game
        > Atlantic Storm? If so, Dave's got a copy, and we've played it a
        couple of
        > times now. It's not bad, not great, but decent enough. The theme
        is good
        > and the card play fun. If anything there's not enough interaction
        between
        > the various cards. I don't remember the game dragging for us, but
        I could
        > be misremembering.
        >
        > Mark

        The was Horror House. The game was Haunting House a horrible game.
        See Board Game Geek. I just lowered its rating by .4.

        Bill