Re: [SR] GSG 03/02

  • Bill Romaniecki
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2004
      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Alberg" <albergclan@c...>
      wrote:

      > BANG!: Don, Phil, Eric, Bob, Dave, Bill, Vitas
      Eric was anxious to try out his new High Noon expansion, and the
      rest of us varmints obliged. Don, an outlaw, got sent to Boot Hill
      before he got a chance to take a turn. Phil, another outlaw, got
      snuffed by Vitas before his second turn. Eric, the third outlaw,
      met his maker soon thereafter. At this point it didn't look too
      good for the outlaws. But, they had an ace-in-the-hole – Bob,
      the
      renegade. It was probably a rules misinterpretation on his part (I
      don't know, as I had left the table with the others to start another
      game with Mike), but Bob proceeded to make swiss cheese out of Dave,
      the sheriff, and killed him. This ended the game. As the renegade
      can only win if he's the last man standing, and the sheriff and
      deputies can only win if the sheriff is alive, victory went to the
      posthumous outlaws! WooHOO!!!

      - Phil

      Anyone who has played with Bob for any length of time knows that a
      once per night bonehead play by Bob is a constant of the universe
      equal to EMC2. As the universe has continued to expand, the time of
      bonehead move has moved from after 11:00 p.m. to much earlier in the
      evening. This one set a new record. The official scorer did award an
      assist to Eric for not having the English rules.

      Haunting House- Vitas, Dave, Mike, Bill.
      Gracious as we are to new comers we asked Vitas to select a game. He
      selected Haunting House. After a few minutes, we recognized the game
      as the type of game that we affectionately refer to as a "Bruce
      Game". We also realized that due to the complete randomness of the
      game that it could go on unitl the end of time. Accordingly, we did
      all we cuold to help someone escape and end the game. I think Dave
      won. I started a log of games played this year. I will not
      compromise the integrity of that list by adding Haunting House to
      it.

      Through The Desert - Vitas, Don Mike. Also selected by Vitas.
      Because of my dislike for games of that type I chose to sit this one
      out. Don won.

      Traders of Genoa - Vitas, Mike Don, Bill. Selected by myself. I had
      played it once when it first was published. The game was new to the
      others. Mike won followed by Vitas, Don and myself. After this
      playing I would rate the game as average at best. The main game
      mechanic of moving the trading tower four times each turn for eight
      turns became quite tedious.

      Mark missed out on a chance to have chicken salad and we missed out
      on the trash talking that his presence seems to generate.

      Bill
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2004
        At 01:50 PM 3/5/2004 +0000, Bill Romaniecki wrote:
        >Haunting House- Vitas, Dave, Mike, Bill.
        >Gracious as we are to new comers we asked Vitas to select a game. He
        >selected Haunting House. After a few minutes, we recognized the game
        >as the type of game that we affectionately refer to as a "Bruce
        >Game". We also realized that due to the complete randomness of the
        >game that it could go on unitl the end of time. Accordingly, we did
        >all we cuold to help someone escape and end the game. I think Dave
        >won. I started a log of games played this year. I will not
        >compromise the integrity of that list by adding Haunting House to
        >it.

        Is this that DTP game that's got the same mechanics as the old AH game
        Atlantic Storm? If so, Dave's got a copy, and we've played it a couple of
        times now. It's not bad, not great, but decent enough. The theme is good
        and the card play fun. If anything there's not enough interaction between
        the various cards. I don't remember the game dragging for us, but I could
        be misremembering.

        Mark
      • Bill Romaniecki
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2004
          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@c...>
          wrote:
          > At 01:50 PM 3/5/2004 +0000, Bill Romaniecki wrote:
          > >Haunting House- Vitas, Dave, Mike, Bill.
          > >Gracious as we are to new comers we asked Vitas to select a game.
          He
          > >selected Haunting House. After a few minutes, we recognized the
          game
          > >as the type of game that we affectionately refer to as a "Bruce
          > >Game". We also realized that due to the complete randomness of the
          > >game that it could go on unitl the end of time. Accordingly, we
          did
          > >all we cuold to help someone escape and end the game. I think Dave
          > >won. I started a log of games played this year. I will not
          > >compromise the integrity of that list by adding Haunting House to
          > >it.
          >
          > Is this that DTP game that's got the same mechanics as the old
          AH game
          > Atlantic Storm? If so, Dave's got a copy, and we've played it a
          couple of
          > times now. It's not bad, not great, but decent enough. The theme
          is good
          > and the card play fun. If anything there's not enough interaction
          between
          > the various cards. I don't remember the game dragging for us, but
          I could
          > be misremembering.
          >
          > Mark

          The was Horror House. The game was Haunting House a horrible game.
          See Board Game Geek. I just lowered its rating by .4.

          Bill