Re: [Unity_Games] [SR] GSG 03/02

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2004
      At 09:43 PM 3/3/2004 +0000, Phil Alberg wrote:

      >ATTENDEES (8): Bob, Bill, Don, Vitas, Dave.C, Eric-4, Phil, and
      >Mike. We welcomed Vitas to his first GSG session, as he made the
      >journey all the way down from Woburn. Hopefully he left with a good
      >impression of what real Guy Stuff Gaming is all about. Thanks for
      >coming, Vitas!

      I've only got one thing to say. How could Vitas possibly come away
      with a good impression without me being there? After all I'm the
      peacemaker, the charmer, the hammer, the glue that binds our fellowship
      together.

      Thanks for the SR Phil!

      Mark
    • Bill Romaniecki
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2004
        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Alberg" <albergclan@c...>
        wrote:

        > BANG!: Don, Phil, Eric, Bob, Dave, Bill, Vitas
        Eric was anxious to try out his new High Noon expansion, and the
        rest of us varmints obliged. Don, an outlaw, got sent to Boot Hill
        before he got a chance to take a turn. Phil, another outlaw, got
        snuffed by Vitas before his second turn. Eric, the third outlaw,
        met his maker soon thereafter. At this point it didn't look too
        good for the outlaws. But, they had an ace-in-the-hole – Bob,
        the
        renegade. It was probably a rules misinterpretation on his part (I
        don't know, as I had left the table with the others to start another
        game with Mike), but Bob proceeded to make swiss cheese out of Dave,
        the sheriff, and killed him. This ended the game. As the renegade
        can only win if he's the last man standing, and the sheriff and
        deputies can only win if the sheriff is alive, victory went to the
        posthumous outlaws! WooHOO!!!

        - Phil

        Anyone who has played with Bob for any length of time knows that a
        once per night bonehead play by Bob is a constant of the universe
        equal to EMC2. As the universe has continued to expand, the time of
        bonehead move has moved from after 11:00 p.m. to much earlier in the
        evening. This one set a new record. The official scorer did award an
        assist to Eric for not having the English rules.

        Haunting House- Vitas, Dave, Mike, Bill.
        Gracious as we are to new comers we asked Vitas to select a game. He
        selected Haunting House. After a few minutes, we recognized the game
        as the type of game that we affectionately refer to as a "Bruce
        Game". We also realized that due to the complete randomness of the
        game that it could go on unitl the end of time. Accordingly, we did
        all we cuold to help someone escape and end the game. I think Dave
        won. I started a log of games played this year. I will not
        compromise the integrity of that list by adding Haunting House to
        it.

        Through The Desert - Vitas, Don Mike. Also selected by Vitas.
        Because of my dislike for games of that type I chose to sit this one
        out. Don won.

        Traders of Genoa - Vitas, Mike Don, Bill. Selected by myself. I had
        played it once when it first was published. The game was new to the
        others. Mike won followed by Vitas, Don and myself. After this
        playing I would rate the game as average at best. The main game
        mechanic of moving the trading tower four times each turn for eight
        turns became quite tedious.

        Mark missed out on a chance to have chicken salad and we missed out
        on the trash talking that his presence seems to generate.

        Bill
      • Mark Edwards
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2004
          At 01:50 PM 3/5/2004 +0000, Bill Romaniecki wrote:
          >Haunting House- Vitas, Dave, Mike, Bill.
          >Gracious as we are to new comers we asked Vitas to select a game. He
          >selected Haunting House. After a few minutes, we recognized the game
          >as the type of game that we affectionately refer to as a "Bruce
          >Game". We also realized that due to the complete randomness of the
          >game that it could go on unitl the end of time. Accordingly, we did
          >all we cuold to help someone escape and end the game. I think Dave
          >won. I started a log of games played this year. I will not
          >compromise the integrity of that list by adding Haunting House to
          >it.

          Is this that DTP game that's got the same mechanics as the old AH game
          Atlantic Storm? If so, Dave's got a copy, and we've played it a couple of
          times now. It's not bad, not great, but decent enough. The theme is good
          and the card play fun. If anything there's not enough interaction between
          the various cards. I don't remember the game dragging for us, but I could
          be misremembering.

          Mark
        • Bill Romaniecki
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2004
            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@c...>
            wrote:
            > At 01:50 PM 3/5/2004 +0000, Bill Romaniecki wrote:
            > >Haunting House- Vitas, Dave, Mike, Bill.
            > >Gracious as we are to new comers we asked Vitas to select a game.
            He
            > >selected Haunting House. After a few minutes, we recognized the
            game
            > >as the type of game that we affectionately refer to as a "Bruce
            > >Game". We also realized that due to the complete randomness of the
            > >game that it could go on unitl the end of time. Accordingly, we
            did
            > >all we cuold to help someone escape and end the game. I think Dave
            > >won. I started a log of games played this year. I will not
            > >compromise the integrity of that list by adding Haunting House to
            > >it.
            >
            > Is this that DTP game that's got the same mechanics as the old
            AH game
            > Atlantic Storm? If so, Dave's got a copy, and we've played it a
            couple of
            > times now. It's not bad, not great, but decent enough. The theme
            is good
            > and the card play fun. If anything there's not enough interaction
            between
            > the various cards. I don't remember the game dragging for us, but
            I could
            > be misremembering.
            >
            > Mark

            The was Horror House. The game was Haunting House a horrible game.
            See Board Game Geek. I just lowered its rating by .4.

            Bill